Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Is Cleaner going to disapear?

Is Cleaner going to disapear?
Fox-one OSX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 30, 2001, 09:33 PM

Am I the only one to get scared by Autodesk getting Cleaner from Media100? I can t believe Apple would let Cleaner Die since they are using it for all their Trailers. Isn t media100 also trying to kill Sorenson?

It was already lame that Microsoft was screwing up with the quicktime plug in but this...

Cleaner is monster essential to my job and I have not find anything else that would do the same job with such quality as sorenson. i hope Apple gets a deal or something to move Cleaner to a Apple app. Cleaner is Goooood on a G4 and i refuse to have to encode video on a PC...this kinda looks like an attempt to kill the most powerfull Mac media creation app. MS can t kill the Quicktime player so they attack the media producing app.

I still have a hope that autodesk has plans to upgrade Cleaner but when you look at media100's site you can not find ANYTHING about Cleaner unless you go to the online shop. They are selling a product that they do not promote...why would that be?

Someone sends in the marines...do something...this is really scaring me. Comments?

PS: Sorry to post here but the Macnn story does not have a submit button when the page is viewed under netscape 4.77... basically I can t post on any macnn stories...someone fixes this pls.
Knight of the Holy Church of Macintosh

rtbarry
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2001, 03:35 AM

terran.com used to be the single best place to get info about codecs and web media preparation. media100 sloppily gobbled them up and ruined cleaner.

i also refuse to compress on a PC. especially after doing most everything else on my mac. not that i haven't tried -- so clunky!

apple (or somebody with a soul) must buy cleaner!

ps- i also couldn't submit from a news post item. what up?

Demonhood
Administrator
Aug 31, 2001, 03:50 AM

Cleaner better not vanish. I think if it went without an update for more than like 9 months, Apple would buy it, slap their name on it, and package it with Final Cut (much like they do know) as Apple Cleaner. Maybe even integrate it more with Final Cut and iMovie.

opallaser
Forum Regular
Aug 31, 2001, 08:45 AM

Cleaner will be under the banner of discreet a division of Autodesk. They produce super high end software for the post production industry. Flames, Smokes etc - They also produce Combustion, a desktop compositing program for both Mac and PC platforms. Lets hope they keep the Mac versions solid as it really is the best (and easiest ) solution for compression.
all screens are superwide

Forum Links
Forum Rules