Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Dreamweaver 3 incompatibility with OS 9.1

Dreamweaver 3 incompatibility with OS 9.1
beverson
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 12, 2001, 01:05 PM

I was loving 9.1 (no hard crashes yet on three different machines!) until about 10 minutes ago when I tried to use Dreamweaver 3.01 and noticed a few brand new interface glitches. Some images don't display properly when viewed in a Dreamweaver window (funny color cast). Also, highlighting text with the mouse is choppy and irregular (not really sure how to describe it). I can almost guarantee the problem is 9.1 as I've experienced it on two separate machines -- also, I booted back into 9.0.4 from my backed up System Folder from 3 days ago and the problem went away. I haven't installed any software since upgrading to 9.1, so I can pretty much rule out any inconsitancies being due to a 3-day old System Folder.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? I haven't seen mention of it anywhere yet. Similarly, has anyone using DW 4 had any sort of problems with 9.1? Maybe it's time to upgrade I guess -- gonna go d/l the 4 demo now and see what that does.

scram
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 12, 2001, 02:43 PM

Using DW4 and 9.1 and sad to say yes there is a problem in displaying graphics, and what would appear to be a problem using the Command functions, getting a a number of errors there. I haven't tried to reinstall DW4 yet but will give it a go and see if it works better after that, generally I think that it maybe because it has to find certain file types that 9.1 has moved around, at least that is what I hope ?

'lugnut
Jan 12, 2001, 02:53 PM

I discovered the same problem last nigth with DW4 and OS 9.1. All of my gif images in web pages are coming out looking mangled. At first I thought the images were corrupted, until I opened them in Photoshop and they were fine. I wonder how long it will take Macromedia to get a fix out.

Looks like I'm gonna have to go back to 9.04. Bummer.
http://www.macosxcentric.com

beverson  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 12, 2001, 03:25 PM

Well crap. I was afraid of this. I haven't even got the DW4 demo to run yet (keep getting an error on launch), but I may not even bother now.

If anyone hears of a fix or workaround please post!

bipto
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 12, 2001, 04:33 PM

There's a lengthy forum on this over at MacFixIt:

http://www.macfixit.com/ultimate/For...ML/006115.html

MikeyG
Jan 13, 2001, 02:49 PM

I too have had the Dreamweaver 3 text highlighting glitch. I guess that means it's a repeatable error, and definitely only started with 9.1! Not much chance of there being a DW3 patch though now that version 4 is out.

Can't Remember
Jan 14, 2001, 06:47 PM

I have had the same problems with Dreamweaver 3.01 graphics. It's an internal display glitch with Dreamweaver.

And NO IT DOES NOT GO AWAY WITH DW 4.0! (after a brand new install of Dreamweaver 4).

I haven't checked out MacFixIt yet... heading there now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules