Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > mac.com e-mail feature additions?

mac.com e-mail feature additions?
beverson
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2001, 08:53 AM

Okay, I've been out of the country and completely unplugged for the last 8 days, so I have no idea WHEN this happened but I just noticed it today....

I use IMAP to access my mac.com account through Outlook Express 5.x, and when first switching to IMAP I set up several standard folders, including "Deleted Items" and "Sent Items" (simply 'cause that's what OE's naming scheme is). Well before I left town last Friday, I created a temp folder from work for all my lingering inbox messages to make things easier to sort out upon returning home. This morning I re-synced my home copy of OE by clicking the "Update List" button so as to see my temp folder and its contents. That worked just fine, but what was unexpected was the appearance of two additional folders I DIDN'T create, called "Deleted Messages" and "Sent Messages."

I was screwing around in OS X's Mail app a bit before leaving work Friday, so perhaps that's what did it. But I was kinda hoping that this might be a signal that Apple is adding some new functionality to the mac.com accounts, like Web-based access. Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this.

And on a completely unrelated note, I must say to anyone here from Paris, France, that your city absolutely rocks. Besides being a great deal of fun, I found that all the stereotypes about the French in general and Parisians in particular being rude are way off -- New York City is much ruder. In fact, basically the only rude people I ran into all week were other Americans. Go figure.

pierce1979
Jun 17, 2001, 10:51 AM

Yes, a web based interface for the mac.com email would be great.

Forum Links
Forum Rules