Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Video input

Video input
digiology
Jun 12, 2002, 09:06 AM

I've seen these boxes for sale where you can input video directly into your monitor and get very good quality. Are these any good? Are there any any that you reccommend? Can you get the sound from the box to go through speakers, or headphones?

Thanks
Stuff is great, never take it for granted.

tyssejc
Jun 12, 2002, 01:49 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by digiology:
<strong>I've seen these boxes for sale where you can input video directly into your monitor and get very good quality. Are these any good? Are there any any that you reccommend? Can you get the sound from the box to go through speakers, or headphones?

Thanks</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">digiology: I don't know much about other stuff on the market, but I personally use an external device called Dazzle. I'm not sure of its availability in Ireland, but it's an excellent gizmo. I used it to import home movies of my brother, which I then burned to a DVD and gave to him as a graduation gift. I highly recommend it.

midwinter
Mac Elite
Jun 12, 2002, 11:39 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by tyssejc:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by digiology:
<strong>I've seen these boxes for sale where you can input video directly into your monitor and get very good quality. Are these any good? Are there any any that you reccommend? Can you get the sound from the box to go through speakers, or headphones?

Thanks</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">digiology: I don't know much about other stuff on the market, but I personally use an external device called Dazzle. I'm not sure of its availability in Ireland, but it's an excellent gizmo. I used it to import home movies of my brother, which I then burned to a DVD and gave to him as a graduation gift. I highly recommend it.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Actually, I've had pretty poor luck with my Dazzle unit. I've started a couple of threads here and at the Apple forums. Apparently I'm not the only one experiencing problems with it.

Cheers
Scott

digiology  (op)
Jun 15, 2002, 06:22 PM

Yeah a firewire video input device might be good, which ones are OSX compatable good value?
Stuff is great, never take it for granted.

Forum Links
Forum Rules