Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > so if I order a new iMac today

so if I order a new iMac today
idyll
Senior User
Aug 15, 2007, 11:16 AM

how long do you suspect it will take to get here? apple states 5-7 days and that is a bit too long of a wait for me, and if that is the case then I would rather stay with the computer i have until the shipping day changes to 1-2 days... i do plan on ordering one day shipping however.

idyll  (op)
Senior User
Aug 15, 2007, 11:29 AM

nevermind, just realized 1 day shipping is not available, only 2-3 days is.. so i guess it would take about 2 weeks for me to get my imac?

johnmcboston
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2007, 01:10 PM

OK, that makes no sense at all. You don't want to wait 7 days, so you'll wait a month when the wait is 3 days? Take a deep breath and just order the computer...

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Aug 15, 2007, 01:35 PM

Why do you think 2-3 day shipping translates to 2 weeks?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

idyll  (op)
Senior User
Aug 15, 2007, 01:58 PM

johnmcboston: well, when apple says 2-3 days it only usually takes a day and i can get overnight shipping on top of that so it will take me two to three days max to get a computer vs. two weeks. why would i rather wait a month? because i'd hate to be without my money for two weeks when i can do something with it instead of being without it.. personal kinda thing

Big Mac: because i figure it will take apple 5-7 days to ship and then it will be in transit 2-3 days .. so a total of 10 business days or so, and in other words two weeks?

Professional Poster
Aug 15, 2007, 02:14 PM

If you're gonna wait that long, wait until Leopard ships with the iMacs. $129 savings!!

johnmcboston
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2007, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by idyll View Post
because i'd hate to be without my money for two weeks when i can do something with it instead of being without it.. personal kinda thing
Apple doesn't charge you until it ships. I ordered on Saturday, scheduled to ship maybe tomorrow (hopefully), and I've yet to see the charge on my card.

mfbernstein
Senior User
Aug 15, 2007, 04:58 PM

If shipping time is really important to you, there are other sources you can order Macs from. For instance, Amazon is usually a good bet when it comes to shipping (as a bonus, you may even save a bit through rebates).

Edit: okay, not so useful advice in this case, since they're apparently not in stock there yet. Sorry.

idyll  (op)
Senior User
Aug 15, 2007, 05:42 PM

hm, please do tell if your imac actually ships tomorrow johnmcboston. oh, and what configuration you got

i guess 4 business days isn't so bad

mavherzog
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 16, 2007, 03:16 AM

I'm sorry, but that still doesn't make any sense to me.

studgrade
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 16, 2007, 08:28 AM

Well, I finally ordered a 24"-2.8GHz yesterday through the online Canadian Apple Store. The Laval store didn't have any in stock and they didn't know when they would receive some. So on my confirmation, it says:

Ships by: Aug 24-29
Delivers by: Aug 28-Sept 6

Later.....

analogika
Posting Junkie
Aug 16, 2007, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by idyll View Post
johnmcboston: well, when apple says 2-3 days it only usually takes a day and i can get overnight shipping on top of that so it will take me two to three days max to get a computer vs. two weeks. why would i rather wait a month? because i'd hate to be without my money for two weeks when i can do something with it instead of being without it.. personal kinda thing
You mean you could loan it to your buddy Luigi at 200% interest per week?

What would you be doing with your money for two weeks that would benefit you that would NOT mean that you couldn't spend it on the iMac?

Counting it?

awaspaas
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2007, 10:49 AM

In all fairness, they only charge your card once it ships, so you really won't be "without" it until then - not that it even matters though.

AC Rempt
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2007, 03:12 PM

And if you do something with your money, it's gone, right? I mean, you spend it on something other than an iMac, then you don't have it to spend on an iMac when the time comes to buy one.

idyll, you're making my brain hurt

Forum Links
Forum Rules