Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Are static windows in Spaces possible? (a la GNOME desktop manager)

Are static windows in Spaces possible? (a la GNOME desktop manager)
herbsman
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 19, 2008, 01:33 PM

In GNOME, you can make a window remain in the same static location even if the desktop manager changes to a different virtual desktop. I would love this functionality with Spaces in Leopard.

My work-around so far has been to click on the top part of a window and then manually changing the space with my keyboard (ctrl+arrow), but sometimes this can get annoying.

Is it possible to do this? Maybe through some minor tweaking in terminal?

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jun 19, 2008, 01:34 PM

Well, you can set an application to open in "all Spaces" in the System Preferences' Spaces pane. That will keep all of that particular app's windows stationary as you switch Spaces.

It's on a per-application and not a per-window basis, but perhaps that's good enough for you?

herbsman  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 19, 2008, 01:53 PM

I like it! Thanks a mil

Forum Links
Forum Rules