Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Safari & Washington Post

Safari & Washington Post
feldmeth
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 25, 2005, 07:25 PM

Safari (running on 10.3.8) works fine everywhere else, yet crashes in the Washington Post. Cache is cleared, cookies are cleared, still happens. Suggestions?

Thanks

pendragon
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 26, 2005, 08:05 AM

I am now running Tiger, but have used all versions of OS X (and Safari) and never have I had an issue accessing the Washington Post site, so I don't believe the problem is with the site.

As a wild guess, if you manually cleared your cache and cookies, you might try to again clear your cache and cookies, but this time using one of the third party cache cleaners such a Cocktail, Cache Out, or Onyx. Also, clearing your Safari History couldn't hurt.

Sorry my help is not much.
Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.10.3), iPhone 5 (iOS 8.3)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2005, 01:59 PM

Where is it crashing on you? I've navigated different parts of washingtonpost.com without incident on Safari 1.3.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Andy8
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2005, 12:51 AM

I have Safari crashing while using only one site also Friendster it always does it after browsing for a few minutes. No other sites are affected. Tiger, fully updated.

Ludovic Hirlimann
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 27, 2005, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by feldmeth
Safari (running on 10.3.8) works fine everywhere else, yet crashes in the Washington Post. Cache is cleared, cookies are cleared, still happens. Suggestions?

Thanks
Update plugins like flash might be coming from that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules