Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Type-23 Errors / Losing desktop???

Type-23 Errors / Losing desktop???
ClarkFraser
Jun 20, 2000, 10:11 AM

On a G4/500 with 9.04...
On reboot after every crash or lock up I lose the desktop connection between docs ands apps, or aliases and real files. I get constant 'Error Type-23' errors when trying to open a document. I'm forced to restart and rebuild the desktop file to regain 'connections'. I have only seemingly narrowed my seach to the problem happening on all files on the 'slave' IDE Maxtor 40Gb drive and not on any files on the 'master' Apple drive...

Any clues?

------------------

wlonh
Professional Poster
Jun 20, 2000, 10:31 AM

not sure if this will help, but maybe it will explain a little http://forums.macnn.com/cgi-bin/Foru...ML/001057.html

oh and what have you done to try and remedy the issue?

[This message has been edited by wlonh (edited 06-20-2000).]

Cipher13
Jun 20, 2000, 09:57 PM

That link leads to a thread about an error 23, not a -23, so keep in mind most stuff there regards a 23.
So is it an error 23 or an error -23?
They are very different. If its a -23 as it says above, then there may be something wrong with your disk. Run Disk First Aid and see what it says.
If its a 23, then as in the linked thread, I have no idea...

FYI: -23 = openErr - requested read/write permission doesn't match.

Cipher13

Forum Links
Forum Rules