Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Embarassing Moments

Embarassing Moments
Ruby
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 14, 2001, 05:20 PM

PLEASE post what your most embarassing moment was...I think I just had mine :o and I need to feel better
[img]http://homepage.mac.com/albertwu/.Pictures/ichicks.gif[img]

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Jun 14, 2001, 05:41 PM

hehe, off the top of my head...

Years ago, when I was in 5th grade, the teacher was having trouble getting everyone to be quiet (everyone was yelling, etc), so I decided to help out, and I said, "QUIET!" but that didn't do anything, so I was getting ready to yell, "SHUT UP!" but then the U turned into an I and I ended up yelling "**** !!!!" at the top of my lungs in the middle of class.

haha, that was a fun one

Embarrassing at the time, though, hehe ... got sent out of class.
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

eep!
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2001, 06:33 PM

Hmm, embarrasing moments...

Well, how about having an armed response unit burst into the bathroom whilst you're having a dump?

yep, it happened to me...

pathogen
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2001, 07:20 PM

When I was 21 years old, I went alone to a free concert at "Summer Stage" in Central Park in NYC one afternoon. It was July and unbelievably hot, so the group on stage (Soul Coughing) was given a water hose to spray the audience.

The lead singer sprayed me. He must have thought it was funny, because he aimed right at me and soaked me repeatedly. He would spray over the audience, giving everyone a nice mist, and then turn the hose directly on me. I was wearing glasses and dress shirt. I absolutely did not want to get sprayed. I was very upset. I think he thought I looked too square to be there...

I was soaked to the skin, and a complete mess. The concert ended soon after, and because I had to be somewhere that night (why I was dressed in that shirt), I couldn't wait to dry off in the park. I had to go back downtown to NYU. I had only brought enough cash to ride the subway, so I had to take the subway SOAKING WET and looking like a psychopath. My shoes were going "squish squish squish". And then, when I got off the subway and was walking to my building, some kids drove by in a car and threw a soft drink can at me. It hit me in the back and made more of a mess. They laughed this horrible snotty laugh and I heard one say "Loser."

It was probably the most humiliating hour I've spent in public. I've never quite forgiven Soul Coughing for that. Nor joy-riding 16 year olds.
When you were young and your heart was an open book, you used to say "live and let live."
But if this ever changing world, in which we live in, makes you give in and cry, say "live and let die."

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2001, 07:33 PM

This didn't happen to me, but it's a "story" I heard.

A man had just opened his new business - his phones had not even been hooked up yet, but a man came into the office.

"My first customer," he thought. So he picked up his phone and pretended to talk a big business deal to impress his first customer.

After several moments of fake conversation, he said "Goodbye - we'll do lunch next week," and he put down the phone.

"Hi, can I help you?"

"Uh, I'm here to install your phone."

fobside
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2001, 07:41 PM

if you go to my web page you can see my WALL OF SHAME. its basically a portion of my site dedicated to stupid moments like those. its under CLASSIC CHUCKIELAND. enjoy.

Dogma
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2001, 07:50 PM

I'm sure I can be somewhat blunt with you guys, so if you're still childish enough to find this one funny:

Usual scenario: Teenage party (about 17-ish group, so plenty of alcohol going around) , getting a bit familiar with a young lady and finally getting to the stage of chasing everyone out the bedroom and getting undressed quickly.
Quick flash of sense when I realise I had no protection. Peeked round the door and called a pal over. I asked him "You wouldn't happen to have anything in the line of rubber would you?".
The response was "huh?", whilst calling another mate over.
Original question to repeat. Trying to be as discreet as possible of course. The word gets round that I'm looking for something in the line of rubber, then one of my smart alec pals shouts out "He need a condom!. Of course the moment disappears as hundreds of crisp packets, plastic bags, etc. get chucked into the room.
Finally one friend parts with a precious foil sealed sheath.

The whole thing quietens down a bit, and me and the young ladyfriend get back in the mood.

Remember I said it was a party, well, there was about 200 friends and aquaintances there, and I was quite drunk.

Anyway, in the post coital embrace, i suddenly feel about forty gallons of yucky stuff climbing out of my stomach.

With no time to dress, I run straight out of the bedroom and down the corridor into the bathroom (fully unclothed). After numerous minutes of emptying my stomach contents into the toilet bowl (Arse in the air of course!), I turn around to see a large crowd gathering watching me. Most of them in hysterics as they all know what I had just been doing, plus of course the fact that I was spewing up absolutely butt-naked in someone elses house in the company of a couple of hundred people also seemed to add to the mirth.

I would probably say that was one of my most emabarrising moments. But I don't think that's anything to what the young lady felt like.

She didn't speak to me very much after that.

In fact, I didn't speak to me very much for a wee while after that.

Lesson: Don't drink and shag!
Hark, I hear a robin sig'ing in the trees!
Nae, there is no sog to be sug,
or am I wrog? Why can't I sig?

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2001, 07:57 PM

This didn't happen to me but a good friend, I was in the room and even I wanted to die... I really felt for the guy...

afew years ago I played in a blues band in Uni, we hired a new lead singer, a girl called Lizzie, who just happened to be pretty damn gorgeous, and every bloke in the band was really playing up to her in failed attempts to impress...

Anyway, the guy who played keyboards (one of my best friends) offered to pick up Lizzies mother (in a bid to impress) who had come to visit her, and was coming to the gig...

The Mr X (who shall remain nameless ) had high hopes for the band, and was chatting with L and her mother, after he picked her up, when she asked how he felt the band was going...He intended to reply "I'm going to make your daughter famous" (dumb thing to say anyway)...however, he managed to substitute the word famous with the word 'pregnant'...

<stoney silence>

He decided to remedy the situation by repeating the correct phrase...however he changed the wrong word...he now said, "I mean, I'm going to make your sister pregnant"...

<double stoney silence>

I just sat there watching the farce unfold dying not to laugh hysterically...He did the only thing that you could in the situation, he just made a run for it, and didn't look back!

Needless to say, Mrs L did see the funny side, but still took it as a sort of Freudian slip, and from that day on I'm sure that she thought that the Guy was some kind of Psychopath...

4 years on, when we all get together, the phrase "I'm going to make you daughter pregnant" still reduces everyone who witnessed the event to tears

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2001, 08:22 PM

My most embarassing is probably when I was going out with my now ex-fiance (break up unrelated to this!)...

I had just finished university and was doing some freelance graphics work mainly for a law firm and also a national magazine...

I came back from surfing one morning, and we had also been to a party the night before...I was knackered so just crashed out with her for the day...mid afternoon, I had a call asking me to go urgently to go to the printers to check out some proofs etc on a print run, and drop some of the proofs to the lawyers..I put on a smart shirt, and some smart shorts, and as it was hot I wore some surf type sandals...

I went to a store on the way to get some Redbull and stuff, and noticed that everyone I stood next to was laughing at me, and I thought that little kids were pointing, I had no idea why. I also had to get some stuff from a computer store and the same thing happened...by now I was getting a little paranoid, but again thought nothing of it..

I got to the printers checked everything out...the same thing, lots of sniggering etc

I got to the law firm, and was met by the senior partner, who I discussed the designs with...again I though that I could detect a smirk on his face..I rationalised that I was hung over and that I was imagining it...

I got home, met by a laughing girl friend..who said said something about "purple and blue glitter" suiting me...I looked down and noticed that while I was asleep she had painted my toe nails in bright neon blue and purple glitter nail varnish...

To this day I don't know how I didn't notice it...

Ruby  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 14, 2001, 08:58 PM

I just remembered one horribly embarassing moment...I think I tried blocking it out.

I was at work one day and the phones were ringing off the hook. I was hoping that my boyfriend would call me because I really missed him. Well, my phone started ringing and I picked it up. When I picked it up and heard the voice I thought "yey!It's my boyfriend". This is how the conversation went:

Me:"Good afternoon, how may I direct your call?"
Him:"Hey."
Me:"Hey baby, how's it going?"
Him:"Excuse me?"
Me:"I asked how things were going, I missed you so much."
Him: (chuckles a bit)"Who do you think this is?"
Me:"What?"
Him: (laughs again)"Were you expecting a call miss?"
Me:"Yeah, I was waiting for you to call, baby...miss? Why did you call me that?"
Him:"I think you have the wrong person, all I want to do is speak to someone in Customer Service." (starts laughing at me)
Me:"Okay one moment" ...(trying to disconnect as fast as I could)
Him: Still laughing hysterically as I transfer his call...

He had the EXACT same voice as my boyfriend...I swear. I hate even thinking about it....

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: Ruby ]

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: Ruby ]
[img]http://homepage.mac.com/albertwu/.Pictures/ichicks.gif[img]

Waterman
Forum Regular
Jun 15, 2001, 12:04 AM

Right... so this was about 10 years ago, but I still think it was one of the most embarassing things that has happened to me. Of course, I think it is hilarious now.

Scene: 9th biology class.

I was answering quite a few of the professors questions that particular day, and I'm not afraid to admit it: I was on a roll. So, he started a series of questions, directed toward me, and I answered them in rapid fire format. It went a little something like this...

Mr. S: So, a group of organelles makes up a....?
Waterman: A cell.
Mr. S: A group of cells makes up... ?
Waterman: A tissue.
Mr. S: A group of tissues makes up...?
Waterman: An organ.
Mr. S: And a group of organs makes up...?
Waterman: An organ system.
Mr. S: And the organ systems makes up...?
Waterman: An orgasm.

<dead silence for about half a second as the class digests what I said>
<cue roaring laugh track>
Waterman: I mean, an organism!

I don't get embarassed very easily, but I definately blushed after that one! And I think I was a little less talkative for the rest of that class.

Good stuff.
-waterman

suprz
Mac Elite
Jun 15, 2001, 01:43 PM

o.k....when me and my ex were engaged, her mother rented a banquet hall in a fancy restaurant for her "bridal shower" and she invited alot of upscale friends and family. me and the ex were running late and i jumped out of the shower and she threw a pair of pants at me and i just put them on "sans" underwear. we drove to the restaurant very quickly so i could drop her off in time. when we got there she stated that i should go in and meet everyone, because some of the family hadnt even met me yet because they lived out of state. i went inside and introduced myself to alot of her family and close friends and as i ws leaving i noticed stares and smiles, and i overheard one woman say "i see why she is marrying him" i thought nothing of it until i got back in the car and noticed my zipper had been undone the entire time.......(thank god nothing was too obvious) but i must have laughed for a good 10 mins before i could even compose myself enough to drive back home....(and of course i heard the stories she told me when i picked her up....)
"The only time that man gets to actually leave a physical mark upon this earth is in death, and even then, it is only a gravestone proclaiming his demise"

Fyre4ce
Mac Elite
Jun 15, 2001, 03:37 PM

Ruby, what was the incredibly embarrasing moment that prompted you to create this thread???
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

Doc Juansinn
Senior User
Jun 16, 2001, 04:34 AM

Greetings,
Yeah Ruby, how about telling us what just happened to you!
Many years ago, I was an assistant manager at a fast food joint. All the assistants knew each other and often buddied around.
One night, after closing, I went out with one named Laura. We went to Denny's and had some dinner and, later, went for a drive. After that, we went back to work so that I could drop her off and go home. I had eaten so much that I unbuttoned and partially unzipped my trousers. Our restaurant was doing a goofy "western" promotion at that time so I had a cowboy hat in the car. It was 2:00am and I had the great idea to open the window and yell "yee-haw" at the top of my voice. She said not to and that was all the encouragement I needed. BAM! Within five seconds there were three police cars around us telling us to get out with our hands up. They actually had their guns drawn. We got out of the car and while standing there, my pants started to slip but they didn't fall down. The police recognised us and let us go after telling us that a gas station across the street had been robbed an hour ago.
After they left, I zipped and buttoned up and then realised that they probably had a very different idea about what we were doing in the car than what had actually happened. Laura was very embarrased.
Oh well, we never saw any of the cops again. I always wonder if they had a chuckle about that later at the station.
"Why did this thread cross the line? Because its **** got stuck in a chicken." - Demonhood

Forum Links
Forum Rules