Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Firefox windows

Firefox windows
Yokohama
Forum Regular
Jul 27, 2010, 08:54 AM

I have Firefox set so it keeps every window I go to open, and I want to change this to keep only the current window open. I've looked in Preferences but can't see anything that will automatically shut down the window I'm leaving to open up a new one. Can someone help, please?

Also, while I'm here, I always click the box to remember my name and password when logging on to this Forum, but it never works, for I always have to key in both each time. Why is this?

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 27, 2010, 08:39 PM

First off, I'm sorry you're overloading yourself with all those windows. I tend to go with tabs myself-it's less chaotic.

Second in order for the "site" to remember your name, you have to have cookies enabled on your browser, which you apparently don't have.

To reset everything in Firefox to the original defaults (which includes fixing both of your problems), follow the instructions HERE.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Curiosity
Senior User
Jul 29, 2010, 01:17 AM

Why not use tabs instead of windows? Then you have only one window to keep track of, instead of a whole pile of them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules