Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Sam Nunberg TV Trials

The Sam Nunberg TV Trials
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 5, 2018, 09:57 PM

A big enough circus it needs its own thread, mayhaps

For those of you not following a guy who leaked his subpoena from Mueller to the papers has been making the rounds on TV for 5 hours today, saying he won't comply. Word is he was supposed to comply by 3 PM today.

He infers that he won't testify against Roger Stone, and Mueller is after him. A few politicos on twitter say this is a performance but I don't understand the angle and I haven't seen them elaborate.

I'll post some more if I get the time later.

OreoCookie
Mar 5, 2018, 10:42 PM

Don't these people have lawyers? It is not illegitimate to not cooperate with an investigation if you incriminate yourself, but (1) you don't do that in a public forum and (2) you actually need a good reason to not want to talk. But even that won't get you off the hook when he is subpoenaed to hand over evidence.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 6, 2018, 01:42 AM

He is a lawyer. And he was asking the interviewers what they thought would happen and they aren't lawyers. He even commented that he thought his lawyer would ditch him.

It's either amazing performance art or a very real breakdown. I just don't understand the crazy like a fox angle. Is he trying to publicly warn Stone? Warn Trump that he should kill the investigation? Trying to kill his credibility for a Grand Jury? Make himself so public he won't be killed?

Occam's Razor, to me, is he he knows he's in deep shit and he lost it. He was adamant about his emails with Stone and Bannon, which makes me think there's some non-Trump stuff in there that will absolutely ruin him.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 6, 2018, 01:54 AM

Conspiracy theory: Nunberg has the goods on Stone but Stone has compromising info on him, so Nunberg is trying to loudly show Stone he isn't cooperating so Stone doesn't retaliate.

OreoCookie
Mar 6, 2018, 04:54 AM

He is a lawyer?!? If I were his lawyer, I'd ditch that guy. But honestly, he's not the only one, have a look at what Carter Page is up to. I am quite sure no lawyer worth his or her salt would encourage him to continue to go on TV. The best answer I can come up with so far that seems to square with the facts is that these people are just very dumb. I don't think they are capable of playing 17d chess.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 6, 2018, 11:15 PM

Took him like 12 hours to change his mind.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.ffa42bbe689e
Former Trump campaign aide Sam Nunberg said Tuesday that he plans to comply with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s subpoena, an abrupt turnabout from just 24 hours earlier, when Nunberg publicly defied the Justice Department in an extraordinary day-long media blitz.

In a brief interview Tuesday with The Washington Post, Nunberg said he plans to comply with Mueller’s subpoena — part of the probe into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election — and had changed his mind after receiving public and unsolicited advice from Maya Wiley, a lawyer with whom he appeared on Ari Melber’s MSNBC show Monday evening.

Also, he was probably drunk last night
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3859775
Fresh off a series of tumultuous TV interviews, ex-Trump campaign aide Sam Nunberg revealed Tuesday that he is contemplating seeking treatment for alcohol abuse.

"I'm a little worried about me," Nunberg told the Daily News in a wide-ranging interview. "I'll talk more about it next week."

andi*pandi
Mar 7, 2018, 02:16 PM

laying ground for a book deal?

subego
Clinically Insane
Mar 7, 2018, 02:41 PM

It’s named “If I Did It”.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 7, 2018, 11:37 PM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...itter-politics
Nunberg said he plans to testify before a grand jury on Friday as scheduled and will hand over “as quickly as possible” email communications with the president and nine other Trump associates that Mueller demanded. He said compiling the emails turned out to be easier than he thought.

Forum Links
Forum Rules