Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Two cases: One laptop + One Timbuk2 Messenger

FS: Two cases: One laptop + One Timbuk2 Messenger
PCTek
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 26, 2003, 01:38 AM

I am purchasing a new Timbuk2 bag, so I would like to get rid of some old bags I have to offset the price of the new bag.

The first bag is a Kenneth Cole "Voice Mail" bag. It's a small messenger bag with space for up to (i'd guess) a 14" iBook. The compartment shared by the laptop sleeve can hold papers or magazines. The front pouch has small pockets that can hold business cards, column pockets for pens, a mesh zipper pocket (that held my iCable), and opposite these pockets are two larger velcro covered pockets. Both the main compartment and the front compartment have access to thin full-size compartments to stash more papers, magazines, blank cds, cables. The back of the case (the side that rests against your hip) also has an easy-open pocket as well as the top flap.

I bought this case for $100, still in great condition, asking $60. Photos at http://www.jrandomhacker.com/cases/kennethcole/

Next, my old Timbuk2 bag. It's a Large ("Dee-Dog") Classic Messenger Bag. I purchased it around summer of 2000, so it differs from the current offerings of Timbuk2. I would classify it as "worn", but it's still perfectly usable. It's just to big for me. When the front flap is lifted, the front of the bag has a square zipper pocket as well as an open pocket behind the zipper pocket. On each side of the zipper pocket are large, deep open pockets, you can store plane tickets, batteries for your laptop, and other large items here. Even further from the center of the bag, underneath each strap is another open pocket. I stored my Palm in this pocket for quick access. Inside the bag is a *very* large storage area. The side opposite the "hip" side of the bag is a sewn in organizer (from Timbuk2) with too many pockets to talk about.

Bought this bag for over $150, Asking $50. Photos at http://www.jrandomhacker.com/cases/timbuk2/

Post here if you have questions, or email to [email protected]
( Last edited by PCTek; Jun 26, 2003 at 04:36 PM. )

PCTek  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 28, 2003, 11:35 PM

shameless bump...added photos.

webb3201
Senior User
Jun 29, 2003, 08:21 PM

Hey PC TEk,
How about 35.00 for the Timbuk2?

Buzz me.

K
Read my MacWebb column and other great Mac articles at Lowendmac.com

Owner of a MacBook Pro and various other Macs.

PCTek  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 30, 2003, 01:06 AM

webb3201,

How about $40 shipped (for the Timbuk2)?

Also, for anybody else interested. I will drop the price of the remaining bag (The Kenneth Cole bag) to $50 shipped.

webb3201
Senior User
Jun 30, 2003, 08:34 AM

PCtek.
sounds good....if you are set up for Paypal, send me the email address and I will send funds today.

K
Read my MacWebb column and other great Mac articles at Lowendmac.com

Owner of a MacBook Pro and various other Macs.

PCTek  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 13, 2003, 12:28 AM

So the Timbuk2 bag has been sold to webb3201, but the Kenneth Cole bag is still available for $50.

If anybody is interested, email me or post a comment to this thread.

Cheers!

Forum Links
Forum Rules