Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Over-sizing browser window OR getting Flash 6 into QT

Over-sizing browser window OR getting Flash 6 into QT
Jacke
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 21, 2005, 07:08 PM

I've got a Flash file that I want to grab a really high-res screenshot of (with Flash shapes so it retains quality even when sized up). I've successfully imported Flash 5 files into QT Pro, but this file is using Flash 6 that isn't supported by QT.

So, I can 1) play it back in the Flash player in the browser and taking a screenshot; upping the monitor res and up-sizing the browser window, but the monitor doesn't go any higher than 1280x960, and I'd want it bigger than that. I can resize the browser window, but not outside the monitor area. Is there any way to do that?
Or 2) find a way to get it into QT. I've read about how someone imported a Flash 6 file into Flash MX (or similar) and exported it back out as a Flash 5 file.. Are there free/shareware tools for that, or would the Flash MX trial from Macromedia do? Or is there any way to hack the version number of the Flash file to trick QT into thinking it's Flash 5?

Jacke  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 26, 2005, 09:12 AM

If anyone's interested, I sort of got the result I wanted by using the "zoom in"-function in the Flash player. Though the method I'm currently trying out is to use the Flash MX 2004 trial to re-build the image from shapes extracted using a windows-tool callsed swfdecoder (may also work with swftools on OS X). A nice feature of Flash MX is that you can save the shapes into Adobe Illustrator files that you can then pull into Photoshop. Neat. Much better quality than going via QT.

Forum Links
Forum Rules