Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: Office v.X Academic

WTB: Office v.X Academic
cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 14, 2003, 06:08 PM

Hi everyone, as noted in a couple other topics, I'm currently enrolled in Graphic Design classes at a college near me. I know that some schools sell Office v.X for $ 10.00 If someone goes to a school that does that, is it illegal for me to have them purchase a copy for me ? I wouldn't think so, as we are both students, and I would be obtaining an academic license. Anyway, if there is someone out there who's school sells office v.X for 10.00 and wouldn't mind selling me a copy for a nominal fee, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
cS

PowerBub
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 14, 2003, 06:42 PM

when schools sell MS software for $10 it means the school has a license agreement with MS where the students and faculty of the school are covered under the license. you, not a member of the particular school, wouldn't be covered. it isn't a general academic license

sorry
please cook my steak again
je suis american

dettociao
Senior User
Aug 14, 2003, 08:55 PM

As long as you are a student (I would need a fax or scan of some proof-- schedule, etc), I have an academic version I could let go for you. Let me know, YGPM.
-.-
12" SuperDrive

MrNo
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 15, 2003, 09:14 AM

This would be illegal. My Uni has a license agrement with MS, and we get Office X for 10$. If you read the license you had to sign when you purchased your copy of Office, you would see that it states that only you can use the copy as long as you are student of the same Uni and that is not transferable to anyone else.

Originally posted by dettociao:
As long as you are a student (I would need a fax or scan of some proof-- schedule, etc), I have an academic version I could let go for you. Let me know, YGPM.

Forum Links
Forum Rules