Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > sidetrack scrolling not very sensitive?

sidetrack scrolling not very sensitive?
wy4tt
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 5, 2003, 04:37 AM

just installed sidetrack, primarily for verticle scrolling on my albook. however, it's not very sensitive (even with enlarged scroll area). are you supposed to "tap" it for scroll movement? i still like having the options, but just wondered if there's something i'm missing. thanks.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 5, 2003, 10:54 AM

You aren't supposed to tap for scroll movement. You drag your finger up and down the trackpad.

Chris

cybergoober
Mac Elite
Dec 5, 2003, 11:24 AM

Originally posted by chabig:
You aren't supposed to tap for scroll movement. You drag your finger up and down the trackpad.

Chris
Or across the trackpad�
I have noticed that sometimes it is not very sensitive as well. Other times it seems overly-sensitive.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 5, 2003, 11:38 AM

Remember, the scroll speed is configurable in the prefpane. And the cursor has to be in the window you intend to scroll (that's an important point).

Chris

wy4tt  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 5, 2003, 02:59 PM

thanks for your replies. i didn't think that you have to tap it, but if i run my finger up and down the effected strip, it's just not sensitive/doesn't move at all. if i come into the scroll movement with a slight tap, it initiates a scroll. the rest of the trackpad is sensitive to light movement, much more sensitive in fact. this sensitivity seems to have no relation to the track speed i set.

wy4tt  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 10, 2003, 05:01 AM

cybergoober, just fyi, if you turn on smooth scrolling for mouse in the appearances/sys pref, it makes the scrolling more sensitive. at least it did with mine. it's much easier to use now. fwiw.

Forum Links
Forum Rules