Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > for those living in new jersey....

for those living in new jersey....
jersey
Senior User
May 24, 2004, 05:14 PM

..... this is stupid and is going to be a boring thread, but who do you have car insurance through? i just finished school and staying so i need to switch.

any suggestions?

thanks.

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
May 24, 2004, 05:15 PM

If you have one of those "Jesus is my co-pilot" bumper stickers, does that count as insurance?

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2004, 05:43 PM

...condolences to those living in NJ, i cant stand that place.

misc
May 24, 2004, 06:36 PM

Better than some of the other garbage dumps I've been to.
( Last edited by misc; May 24, 2004 at 06:54 PM. )

"And after we are through, ten years in making it to be the most of glorious debuts."

todrain
Senior User
May 24, 2004, 07:39 PM

Jersey was better than Texas!

OH-N'omac
May 24, 2004, 08:35 PM

I was with Motor Club, but they're getting out of the auto insurance business so I have to find someone else by end of August. My agent is working on some new quotes for me over the next few weeks. He recommended IFA in Clark, NJ and Palisades Insurance in Berkeley Heights last time we spoke.

I used to be with Allstate, but they dumped me because I wasn't making a lot of money for them (had no points or accidents). Insurance in Jersey sucks.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
May 24, 2004, 08:42 PM

Originally posted by OH-N'omac:
I was with Motor Club, but they're getting out of the auto insurance business so I have to find someone else by end of August. My agent is working on some new quotes for me over the next few weeks. He recommended IFA in Clark, NJ and Palisades Insurance in Berkeley Heights last time we spoke.

I used to be with Allstate, but they dumped me because I wasn't making a lot of money for them (had no points or accidents). Insurance in Jersey sucks.
I have Palisades. No claims to report so I can't comment on that. Can't wait to move back to VA next week and have insurance cost 1/2 what it does now...

starman
Clinically Insane
May 24, 2004, 08:50 PM

NJM, but I don't think you're going to be able to get into it unless you know someone.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Kilbey
Baninated
May 24, 2004, 11:50 PM

Originally posted by RAzaRazor:
If you have one of those "Jesus is my co-pilot" bumper stickers, does that count as insurance?
You better switch seats.

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
May 25, 2004, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by Kilbey:
You better switch seats.
Only if I get pulled over. No cop is going to give a ticket to their Lord and Savior�.

benb
May 25, 2004, 12:53 PM

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
May 25, 2004, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by benb:
Deep Thoughts, by Benb...

benb
May 25, 2004, 02:59 PM

Originally posted by RAzaRazor:
Deep Thoughts, by Benb...
What's your problem? I replied, then after I submitted I decided not too. Unfortunately edits are not recorded for a few minutes.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 25, 2004, 03:05 PM

Originally posted by todrain:
Jersey was better than Texas!
No.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
May 25, 2004, 04:33 PM

I have NJ Skylands. Check out www.onebeacon.com for an agent near you. I'm paying 1400 dollars for FULL coverage in The Republic of NJ. I do have some things going for me though that you may have an issue with in Getting insurance since you are just getting out of College. If you've had insurance for 3 consecutive years the insurance should be lower. Also if you have had it for 6 it should be lower than that. Also I'm above 25 so my insurance drops a bit lower. The other thing is to have NO points on your license.

It still sucks here for insurance but at if you can find a decent rate it only hurts a little. Good thing I also caught an error by my insurance agency also. That helped. If I didn't catch that error my insurance would have went up 400 dollars. I know for one thing I'm going to be sure the thank McGreedy again the next time there is an election in NJ. Someone needs to totally reform insurance in NJ start from the ground up.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
May 25, 2004, 05:08 PM

Originally posted by typoon:
I have NJ Skylands. Check out www.onebeacon.com for an agent near you. I'm paying 1400 dollars for FULL coverage in The Republic of NJ. I do have some things going for me though that you may have an issue with in Getting insurance since you are just getting out of College. If you've had insurance for 3 consecutive years the insurance should be lower. Also if you have had it for 6 it should be lower than that. Also I'm above 25 so my insurance drops a bit lower. The other thing is to have NO points on your license.

It still sucks here for insurance but at if you can find a decent rate it only hurts a little. Good thing I also caught an error by my insurance agency also. That helped. If I didn't catch that error my insurance would have went up 400 dollars. I know for one thing I'm going to be sure the thank McGreedy again the next time there is an election in NJ. Someone needs to totally reform insurance in NJ start from the ground up.
Reform will have to start with people not driving like idiots. Insurance is high in NJ for a reason: a lot of drivers in a small space = more accidents than average. I drove in CA for 8 years on major highways in L.A. and San Diego and the people there were aggressive but safe. In NJ the opposite: aggressive but dangerous. In VA, I have found most drivers to be both safe and polite. RMMV (no pun intended)...

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 25, 2004, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by typoon:

$1400 /yr?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

stevesnj
Mac Elite
May 26, 2004, 10:26 PM

I used to pay $2000 a year for full coverage, 0 points Tier 1. I went to my finace company and they knocked off $400 and I just needed liability from a state insurance provider. I live in South Jersey also.
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

todrain
Senior User
May 26, 2004, 10:50 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
No.
Ok, well, certainly not in auto insurance, but at least SOUTH Jersey is better than Dallas!

graphicpush
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2004, 01:28 PM

grew up in jersey, and my parents still live there. we always used palisades. our family was such good customers (no points or accidents) for like fifteen years that when my brother ran a red and hit some guy, they didn't raise our rate. somewhere, somehow, in the giant evil insurance machine, someone actually thought about the customer. true story.

i'm now in kansas and use allstate with no complaints.
Kevin
www.graphicpush.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules