Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Im ordering my powerbook next week and...........

Im ordering my powerbook next week and...........
xavier1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 10, 2005, 03:17 AM

Whats the average delivery time on a 15" powerbook?A 15" 1.67Ghz/w 128VRAM,1 gig of ram,and 100 gb of HD,to be exact?And I live in harlingen,texas(near brownsville,mcallen,south padre island,or simply the rio grande valley region,if you know it)
( Last edited by xavier1; Jun 10, 2005 at 10:36 PM. Reason: change title)

wtmcgee
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 10, 2005, 07:57 AM

Should be in your hands within a week, give or take. If it weren't custom, it'd be a bit faster.

jokarak
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 10, 2005, 01:22 PM

Exact same build as yours took 10 (or 11?) days to arrive. Note that the plane that carried my PB from China stopped in Taiwan, where it was delayed for a couple of days. If I remember correctly, the plane lands in Illinois and then proceeds by truck.

Dinan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 10, 2005, 03:59 PM

i just ordered the same 1.67 except with 512ram, 80gb hd and a combodrive

ordered on june 7th, says it will be here on or before the 13th... we'll see. it's still in shanghai right now (left fedex ramp as of 8:53pm their time, don't know what that converts to in our time)

Paco500
Professional Poster
Jun 10, 2005, 04:54 PM

I ordered mine custom built from a 3rd party (CDW) and it took just over a week to get in to my grubbly little paws.

I hope you love yours as much as I love mine. Congrats.

Cadilon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 10, 2005, 11:39 PM

I ordered the same BTO machine on Monday, June 6th. It is sitting here on my desk in Indiana on Friday, June 10th. I am rather pleased with the speedy delivery.

xavier1  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 12, 2005, 06:57 PM

well,im ordering my powerbook on tuesday! wee!!!! I Probly wont be able to sleep all this week,and part of next week(i think)!

rhythmicmoose
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 12, 2005, 07:07 PM

Ordered the exact same machine without the RAM upgrade last Tuesday, the 7th. It's been sitting at the FedEx facility in Shanghai since the 10th, and isn't expected to reach me until the 15th.

Not Apple's usual ridiculously-quick shipping. Maybe it's because I ordered through the education site.

misc
Jun 12, 2005, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose
Ordered the exact same machine without the RAM upgrade last Tuesday, the 7th. It's been sitting at the FedEx facility in Shanghai since the 10th, and isn't expected to reach me until the 15th.

Not Apple's usual ridiculously-quick shipping. Maybe it's because I ordered through the education site.
There is a good chance you will get it before the 15th. The shipping status is not always correct, one day it says it's in Shanghai, the next day it shows up at your day.

Not saying it will be, but there is a good chance that it hasn't been updated and will arrive sooner rather than later.

"And after we are through, ten years in making it to be the most of glorious debuts."

Dinan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 13, 2005, 02:39 AM

mine has said " Regulatory agency clearance delay " for the past few days... and now my arrival time has changed from monday to tuesday by 10:30am

Dinan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 13, 2005, 10:38 PM

and now it says "Int'l shipment release" ugh.

Forum Links
Forum Rules