Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > So what is it about the Dodge Neon anyway?

So what is it about the Dodge Neon anyway?
The Jackalope
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 19, 2002, 12:51 PM

No, really. I can't understand the attraction. Looks like another cheap box to me. I'm not trying to upset fans or anything, I just don't get it. Is it that the Neon can be easily suped up? Is it America's equivelent of the rice rocket?

Macintosh
Banned
Jun 19, 2002, 01:51 PM

It is nothing and the only "fan" of this tin can when crashed is crushed car is Ca$h. I wouldnt give you a nickel for a Neon.

wingdo
Senior User
Jun 19, 2002, 10:29 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by Macintosh:
<strong>I wouldnt give you a nickel for a Neon.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">American nickel or Canadian? I've give a Canadian nickel for a Neon.
MBP - 2.33GHz C2D, 3GB RAM, 256MB VRAM, 160GB HD
PB - 1.5GHz G4, 2GB RAM, 128MB VRAM, 80GB HD
PM - Dual 1GHzG4, 1.5GB RAM, NVidia GForce 3, 2x 80 GB HD

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 20, 2002, 08:59 PM

I have one, but not really a "Fan"...

... it's reliable (never broke down, don't know anyone with one who had a problem), it's fuel efficient 30+ MPG, never stolen, police ignore it, good safety record (know 2 people in serious accidents, nobody hurt, one the car burnt to the ground)....

.... gets me from point A to point B....

Don't see what the big deal is. Just another car... and pretty cheap.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 20, 2002, 10:10 PM

Not a fan and not not a fan...

The only thing that comes to mind is when they first introduced the car with a "hi."

It reminded me of the Mac intro "Hello." As well as the iMac intro, "Hello [again]"

my 2 nickels

s

macthelastredman
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 20, 2002, 10:37 PM

i was looking at buying a used 2001 neon but then i read alot of reports online about different problems owners have had with them so i got 2002 honda civic instead...i do like the look of the 2001 & 2002 versions better then the old ones...guess i "dodge"d a bullet
iMac G4 800mhz 768 ram OS X (10.1.5) & iPod 5gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules