Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mail, send again using wrong account

Mail, send again using wrong account
kevs
Mac Elite
Dec 9, 2015, 02:06 PM

Since my upgrade to El Captian a few days ago, when I do a send again, Mail uses the wrong account/ email to send from. It's a huge nuisance as important business emails may then be sent from the wrong email address is I don't catch it and manually change.

I did check pref, compose, send new message from... but this is resend, before it would also resend from my main account, which I use 99%.

But now its doing right click resends from those other non business accounts I rarely use. thanks!

PS also after el captian, with IMAP, it seems much slower, I read it was supposed to be faster, now folder disspear more. the LOADING comes up more... really slower, killer.

mindwaves
Dec 9, 2015, 11:17 PM

I have had this before. Check Mail preferences. Check the outgoing mail SMTP server (outgoing mail server) and select the proper one. Delete it if necessary and/or edit it.

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 11, 2015, 01:24 PM

I checked Mind, all those looking ok.

mindwaves
Dec 11, 2015, 08:14 PM

Delete all accounts from mail and add them again one by one. Assuming you have IMAP, it should all be ok (just time consuming perhaps to refetch all of the emails again).

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2015, 10:26 PM

MIND, how do I subscribe to a thread? My email notification was off. thanks.

mindwaves
Dec 15, 2015, 12:43 AM

Click the little wrench icon on the first post.

Forum Links
Forum Rules