Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Basketball Statistics Software

Basketball Statistics Software
Hoops Coach
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 30, 2005, 09:11 AM

Good Morning....

I am looking for software that will allow my statistician to record game stats at courtside. We used a program last year with our Palm and Windows laptop, but it is not available for Mac. I have thought abut VPC but I am afraid it is to sluggish for ingame use.... Does any other coaches out there have any suggestions for a Mac OSX solution? I have googled solutions and have yet to find anything I think would work.

Thanks in advance....

billyed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 30, 2005, 12:45 PM

Although I've not used the basketball stats app - their baseball one is very good. See this web site: http://www.ezstat.com/ezstat_basketball.htm

Hoops Coach  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2005, 12:15 AM

Thanks for the lead.....I am going to investigate this a little more. EZSTAT appears to be a program to compile stats after the game. I need something to actually gather the stats live....play by play. We used a program by cybersports.com last season and it worked great. However, due to some equipment becoming obsolete and needing to be replaced, I was really hoping to find Mac software.....thanks for the lead though....might have to resort to manual gathering.....

thanks again
( Last edited by Hoops Coach; Mar 31, 2005 at 12:39 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules