Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Odd Desktop/Menu Behavior. Any ideas

Odd Desktop/Menu Behavior. Any ideas
Hoops Coach
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2005, 05:31 PM

As a reader of this forum for quite awhile, I figured if anyone had an answer to my issue, it would be here.

I have an iMac 800 in my classroom. Somehow, a stack of files,etcc...(read Junk) got place on the keyboard while another teacher was using my room. Now, the icons/files etc have a black box around them when selected. I also now have in the menu duplicate4 items, such as duplicate restart, duplicate empty trash, duplicate shutdown...the keyboard shortcut is different on each (adds the option key I believe) and they behave differently....(They do not ask..."are you sure you want to empty the trash message" does not come oup on one of the emptry trash items, but still does ont he other.)

Any ideas what ahs happened? I assume a strange keystoke combination was pushed and turned on some "feature" I would rather not use. However, I cannot figure this out. I have check all the shortcuts I can figure out, checked menus, search web.....any assistance out here? Thanks in advance to those that generally rovide veryt knowledgable ideas!

Keith

Hoops Coach  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 22, 2005, 07:46 AM

Universal Access issues....sticky keys and Voice OVer utilities were activated some how. Hope this helps someone else down the road!

Keith

Forum Links
Forum Rules