Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Great Mac Resource

Great Mac Resource
lzrees89
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2008, 03:09 PM

Hey everyone - thought I'd make a contribution to the site before I started asking my own questions (and I did a search and don't think anyone else has mentioned it...)

Woopid.com has thousands of free video tutorials for leopard, iWork, iLife and other mac applications. I've found them to be a big help - they have a ton of ultra simple videos as well...which I send to my family who are always asking me for help.... The "bundles" page on the site is also really helpful.

Anyways, hope this site is useful to everyone!

jmiddel
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2008, 09:06 PM

lzrees89, Hi and welcome. Thank you much for this site, it is both aesthetically well done, and more importantly, useful. It will appeal very highly to folks new to the Mac, but also to people like me, who have twenty plus years experience. Sometimes there is some trick, or method or procedure that one never learned or forgot, here is the place to look. For new users, the video demonstration, and the simplicity of each tutorial is a blessing and I would advise people either just having gotten a Mac, or those thinking of buying one, to study a bunch of these clips. They are short, around 2 minutes, and give an excellent idea of the ease of use, and the splendid feel, of the Mac OS.

lzrees89  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2008, 05:26 PM

Wow I'm glad you like it so much. You described it perfectly - there are a ton of things what we just forget sometimes and that site is the fastest way to quickly see how to do it. Here are some of my favorite videos and bundles on the site:

I thought these two videos were pretty cool: Editing in Preview
Open File/App with iCal alarm

And these bundles:
Tips and Tricks for iMovie '08
Setup and Use Growl
Tips and Tricks for Address Book
10 Finder Tips in Leopard

zro
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2008, 02:35 AM

I smell spam.

lzrees89  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2008, 10:55 AM

Spam! How dare you good sir! No but seriously just trying to share a site that's helpful. No joke when I say I continuously send everyone I know there as they're ALWAYS are bugging me for computer help, figured a lot of people here are in the same boat. and anyways, it's not spam if it's actually relevant and helpful to the community!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 31, 2008, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by lzrees89 View Post
Spam! How dare you good sir! No but seriously just trying to share a site that's helpful. No joke when I say I continuously send everyone I know there as they're ALWAYS are bugging me for computer help, figured a lot of people here are in the same boat. and anyways, it's not spam if it's actually relevant and helpful to the community!
You gotta understand: if you register newly, and then promote a website in your first post, it is highly suspicious.

I'd say that on MacNN, 99% of newly registered members who post a link in their first post, are spam.

-t

zro
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2008, 12:50 PM

The majority of your posts are to generate traffic for one site and one site only.

You are part of the Woopid alliance and a spammer. Take him away!

jmiddel
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 1, 2008, 03:13 PM

Well, as I said previously, I found the link very helpful, spam or not.

Black_Rain
Nov 1, 2008, 06:13 PM

he is clearly trying to help, even if he is spamming, get off his back
Please visit StopMyVirus.com!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules