Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > LoopRumors on MWSF...

LoopRumors on MWSF...
libraryguy
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 2, 2003, 11:01 PM

looprumors.com has some info on iPhoto 2 as well as a "tip" about MWSF. He says his broker called him and told him to buy a lot of Apple stock because his friends brother (who works at Apple) said something big was coming. I don't know if his sources are accurate but it seems like something big will be coming anyway. I mean...they released iCal and iSync updates early and the .Mac address book syncing isn't coming until the 7th. Maybe this will mean more great features for .Mac. But, according to looprumors...the big thing will knock our socks off. Maybe this isn't true but at least someone has some juicy rumors before the show. Honestly, I'm never disappointed after an expo. rumors are fun but I might buy into some of them but I don't let them raise my expectaitons...it's all in good fun and if it turns out to be true...even better! But...take a look http://www.looprumors.com

"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world." -George Washington Carver

Montanan
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 2, 2003, 11:07 PM

That's been kind of a fun site to read the past couple of weeks. The guy's got no track record, of course, but at least he knows how to write, and to do decent web design.

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2003, 11:18 PM

Yeah, I do enjoy going to that site. It is simple, no links, a few banners at the bottom. It is very nice, simple, and clean site

It is a new one, and we do not know really how well this guy is. From what I have been reading, however, it seems he is more like ThinkSecret than SpyMac or MacOSRumors

Nimisys
Banned
Jan 2, 2003, 11:21 PM

all i know is that something is going to be getting blinking software controlled LED lights. Apple calls it innovation, the computer mod community calls it a stolen idea

KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2003, 11:21 PM

Well, he was kinda on about iSync being ready. I remember him saying about a week before MWSF it would be released at the earliest. *shrug*

hayesk
Jan 2, 2003, 11:38 PM

Originally posted by libraryguy:
looprumors.com has some info on iPhoto 2 as well as a "tip" about MWSF. He says his broker called him and told him to buy a lot of Apple stock because his friends brother (who works at Apple) said something big was coming.
His broker admitted to insider trading? Uhm... yeah... right.

joe_kr
Jan 2, 2003, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by KaptainKaya:
Well, he was kinda on about iSync being ready. I remember him saying about a week before MWSF it would be released at the earliest. *shrug*
Ummm.... here's what he said

Apple has been hard at work on two iApps for some time now, iSync and iChat. iSync is still in it�s beta stage (v.43) and was released to the public on September 30th this year. iSync can keep your calendar and contact information synchronized up to the minute between your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone, iPod, Palm OS device or multiple Macs. At Macworld Expo San Francisco, Apple is expected to introduce the final version 1.0. The major improvements will not be with the software itself, but rather the devices that sync with it. Some reliable sources have indicated that Sony (who already does), Motorola, Nokia, and a few others will announce plans to support iSync.
Where are the "major" improvements?

c'mon... everyone and their mother could have told you iSync was coming around MWSF.

Note that this was posted first. Look iSync GM!

I stopped reading when they predicted that Apple will be bundling iUmbrellas with Macs. I am not making this up.

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2003, 11:47 PM

Originally posted by Nimisys:
all i know is that something is going to be getting blinking software controlled LED lights. Apple calls it innovation, the computer mod community calls it a stolen idea
DASBLINKEN

KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
Jan 3, 2003, 12:07 AM

Originally posted by joe_kr:
Ummm.... here's what he said

Where are the "major" improvements?

c'mon... everyone and their mother could have told you iSync was coming around MWSF.

Note that this was posted first. Look iSync GM!

I stopped reading when they predicted that Apple will be bundling iUmbrellas with Macs. I am not making this up.
Geez you cant even read. The major improvements are not with the software itself.

Jansar
Professional Poster
Jan 3, 2003, 01:12 AM

It would be nice if Apple surprised us with a new iApp.
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 3, 2003, 01:24 AM

I read it....however, who is looprumors? As far as I know they have only around for a few months, when I found out about them,,,,agreed it looks clean, but maybe this is an elabrate scheme(?) Mayby it's me but what is LR's track record so far?..or any of them?

I hope Steve makes it to the keynote without any real rumors leaking or unfortunate timing like with TIME Canada before MWSF2002.

joe_kr
Jan 3, 2003, 02:52 AM

Originally posted by KaptainKaya:
Geez you cant even read. The major improvements are not with the software itself.
Um... duh. so, where are all the great items that can be synced with it? ie. the Major Features.

libraryguy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 3, 2003, 04:14 AM

Originally posted by ironknee:
I read it....however, who is looprumors? As far as I know they have only around for a few months, when I found out about them,,,,agreed it looks clean, but maybe this is an elabrate scheme(?) Mayby it's me but what is LR's track record so far?..or any of them?

I hope Steve makes it to the keynote without any real rumors leaking or unfortunate timing like with TIME Canada before MWSF2002.
I think they went online on Nov. 1 or something. They don't really have a track record yet as most of their rumors have revolved around MWSF...so, I guess they're track record will be decided on the 7th!

"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world." -George Washington Carver

Forum Links
Forum Rules