Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac dying?

iMac dying?
iranfromthezoo
Senior User
Aug 16, 2007, 03:08 PM

Lately my iMac has been acting very weird lately. When it starts up it takes forever to do. Safari crashes constantly, for some reason PhotoShop CS3 takes forever to load and I always get an error message when loading. (see below) My iMac has just been really slow in doing many things but the most unusual thing is that sometimes I can't click anywhere on the app. Like for instance if I maximize iTunes I cannot click on the app and have to quit and restart. I also right click on the desktop and the list will appear on the other side of the screen. I have ran everything possible. Nothing really seems to work. I have also noticed a lot more heat than usual coming from the top of the mac and some heat coming from the top of the screen. My iMac specs are on sig.

dimmer
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2007, 06:05 PM

Looking further out, on a decent LAN who needs a WesternDuckitall drive? Why not store the documents, email, etc on servers and just let the user go apeshit, knowing they can go apeshit.

The Apple iMac 24 is exactly where it needs to be: a great desktop computer and further along a great terminal where IT take care of everything! Your apps, you screensaver, what you are not allowed to **** at. Bad/good it's what we make them do.

dimmer
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2007, 06:09 PM

Yikes, that comment went to totally the wrong person.

Most usually. this is caused by dragging the Photoshop app to the desktop, or moving the Adobe applications into a different folder.

Hope that helps.

iranfromthezoo  (op)
Senior User
Aug 16, 2007, 06:13 PM

yeah the first onek ind of scared me. The photoshop folder has not been edited one bit.

Forum Links
Forum Rules