Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Fs/wtt Mbp C2d (ma609ll)

Fs/wtt Mbp C2d (ma609ll)
wellokthen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 8, 2008, 06:07 AM

Hey All,

Really hoping to avoid eBay. Details for the sale/trade located here.

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 8, 2008, 12:25 PM

Where are you located?

nate13
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 8, 2008, 12:30 PM

ill trade you for my macbook. white, 2.0 GHz, 3 GB ram, C2D, 80 GB superdrive. Still on the applecare train till march and can be extended. Just replaced the battery (2 charge cycles) which was 100 bucks. could add in some cash, or I'm planning on adding in a 7200 200 GB HD soon. 1700 is way too high even if you dont want to trade. yours is the same price as a apple refurb for the 2.2 Ghz. and theres (how much?) warrenty left. i also dont need the iLap

wellokthen  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 8, 2008, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by nate13 View Post
ill trade you for my macbook. white, 2.0 GHz, 3 GB ram, C2D, 80 GB superdrive. Still on the applecare train till march and can be extended. Just replaced the battery (2 charge cycles) which was 100 bucks. could add in some cash, or I'm planning on adding in a 7200 200 GB HD soon. 1700 is way too high even if you dont want to trade. yours is the same price as a apple refurb for the 2.2 Ghz. and theres (how much?) warrenty left. i also dont need the iLap
Yeah, if you're not interested in the extras (and also looking to unload an older machine) you're probably better off going with an apple refurbished, which tend to be great deals. Stripping off the protective films and such--that is ditching the extras--is basically me throwing away money, since I can't really sell that stuff separately. The extras, combined with the opportunity to get rid of an older machine at the same time, is what the deal has going for it, particularly if you were going to offer a mix of items. And, indeed, if you wanted the extended warranty, you'd have to get it by the end of the month--so, that's a factor too. (Course, you also have to add in tax for the new machine, but (again) if you aren't going to bother with all of the protective gear, that would only inflate your cost by a couple hundred maybe.)

I was looking to strike a deal with someone interested in cobbling together a grab-bag sort of trade--presumably not someone only interested in a cash purchase now.

If you are looking to get rid of the MB, you might be in the same boat I am--the market seems saturated. Even on ebay, where macs yield top-dollar (read: silly-high prices), your MB is pulling in well under a grand, mine only about $1400, stock (and, of course, ebay wants a slice of that along with paypal). Sigh. Sucks to be us, eh?

Still, thanks for the inquiry and good luck.

///Milien
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 8, 2008, 03:31 PM

Where are you located?
 Mac Pro 8-Core 2.26GHz Xeon | 12GB RAM | 2.5TB HDD | ATI Radeon HD 4870 | 24" LED Cinema Display
 Mac mini [Unibody] 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo | 8GB RAM | 500GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid HDD | 24" LED Cinema Display
 MacBook Air 1.6GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 256GB SDD
Too many accessories to list...

Forum Links
Forum Rules