Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Currupt database and emailing file get rejected by Delicious Servers?!

Currupt database and emailing file get rejected by Delicious Servers?!
Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 11, 2006, 12:46 AM

I had over 350 files, then on launch it goes corrupt and DM tells me that it saves the file to the hard drive and to email it to DL so they can fix it.

The file is called by default: "Your Corrupt Library - email to <[email protected]>"

So I email the file as is and get this:

"Our e-mail content detector has just been triggered by a message you sent:
To: [email protected]
Subject: Currupt database
Date: Tue Jul 11 00:35:01 2006

One or more of the attachments (Your Corrupt Library.zip, Your Corrupt L.com) are on
the list of unacceptable attachments for this site and will not have
been delivered.

Consider renaming the files to avoid this constraint.

The virus detector said this about the message:
Report: Report: MailScanner: Executable DOS/Windows programs are dangerous in email (Your Corrupt L.com)

--
MailScanner
Email Virus Scanner
Your Organisation Name Here
www.your-organisation.com

MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support"

Send it as a zip and get it again.

Chicken and the egg.

NOW WHAT!?

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 11, 2006, 06:48 PM

So, for those keeping score at home we got this database and fixed it with no loss of data.

At any rate, despite our constant pleas, our ISP keeps stripping files that end in .com, because, in Windows land, that denotes a command file, which is executable and could be a virus. Should you experience this problem, rename the file to something like "library.xml" before sending it.

Or just restore from back up. You do back up your library data file, right?

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Jul 12, 2006, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Delicious Monster
So, for those keeping score at home we got this database and fixed it with no loss of data.

At any rate, despite our constant pleas, our ISP keeps stripping files that end in .com, because, in Windows land, that denotes a command file, which is executable and could be a virus. Should you experience this problem, rename the file to something like "library.xml" before sending it.

Or just restore from back up. You do back up your library data file, right?

Thanks for fixing the file but I did send it as a .zip also which also got rejected.

I do back up my files, but NOT every 48 hours. Problem is in that time I added a ton of movies in that time so even a backup would have been a pain.

"Hello, what have we here?

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 12, 2006, 11:17 AM

Heh, I didn't mean do YOU, various disembodied parts of Star Wars characters' anatomies, back up your library file. I meant that as a general raised eyebrow to the people who don't things up ever.

And while I am making sweeping generalizations, make double sure to back up your data file before running DeliciWeb, or any other third party utility. Nearly all corrupt / lost data cases are caused by programs that muck with Delicious Library's data files, either directly, or indirectly, such as an over zealous disk sweeper.

It's as easy as copying the file Library Media Data.xml.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Jul 12, 2006, 12:35 PM

Is there a better location that DL can save its files to like a document folder or something? I can't average users knowing to muck around in the library/application support folder.

"Hello, what have we here?

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 12, 2006, 10:04 PM

Apple guidelines prohibit applications from putting things in the user Document folder. Since Delicious Library saves your data automatically, without you having to create, save, and open documents, it has to save its data in Application Support.

Dem's de rules.

Forum Links
Forum Rules