Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Configuration Warning

Configuration Warning
importracer3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2005, 12:34 AM

Everytime I try to open AOL this thing pops up...

"CONFIGURATION WARNING: An errior occurred reading the startup configuration file. Please contact your administrator. SynatxError: illegal charact"

Also, I dont know if this is related or not, but when I open Safari.. sometimes it will just shut down after loading for like 2 seconds. Then when it does work all my settings are reset. Including my bookmarks are ereased. HELP! Thanks!

Ty

JEBB
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2005, 02:44 PM

Run Cocktail, or Onyx, and then repair permissions with Disk Utility. Those two can cure a million problems, maybe even yours.

importracer3  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 27, 2005, 04:35 PM

thanks, i'll try it out

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 27, 2005, 05:14 PM

Just to tell you for future reference, Application questions belong in the Applications forum.
If you're unsure of where to post things, read the sub-headings on each of the forums and then decide which best suits your question.

importracer3  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 29, 2005, 12:06 AM

Allright, thanks. Yah I jsut realized that after I posted it. I was in a hurry and I saw the category "iBook" so I immediately thought it would be best to post it there.

Forum Links
Forum Rules