Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > TD Bank

TD Bank
Salty
Professional Poster
Apr 16, 2012, 05:46 AM

Hey all, so apparently if you talk about an Apple product or something that could somehow be related to another forum. You'll get your post moved by a mod who thinks it's more important to categorize posts than it is to let people talk about what they want to talk about with the people who they know frequent the same forum as they do.

On that note, the my TD Bank account is now 1000 dollars less since I purchased a new piece of hardware which may be something like a monitor. I'm really looking forward to plugging in only one cable for IO, and the higher resolution which I think make it worth lowering my bank account for the display.

I also find TD Bank's easy web site to be very useful when tracking my visa after buying things like a new monitor.

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 16, 2012, 06:28 AM

Salty, does the fact that TD is (as far as I can tell) ALL online make any difference to you? I like having a physical office where I can get help from a real person if I need it. Or where I can make a public scene if that seems to be appropriate.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 16, 2012, 09:08 AM

I have no idea what this thread is about, but TD has the most (and best) bank branch customer service in Canada. Their locations are usually open from 8am to 8pm during the weekdays, most are open on Saturday, and many are now even open on Sunday. No other bank in Canada can compete with their retail presence and branch customer service IMO.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Apr 16, 2012, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Hey all, so apparently if you talk about an Apple product or something that could somehow be related to another forum. You'll get your post moved by a mod who thinks it's more important to categorize posts than it is to let people talk about what they want to talk about with the people who they know frequent the same forum as they do.
please stop being a jerk.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 16, 2012, 12:27 PM

I love my credit union, they even threw a small bday party for me when I turned 40.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 16, 2012, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
I have no idea what this thread is about, but TD has the most (and best) bank branch customer service in Canada. Their locations are usually open from 8am to 8pm during the weekdays, most are open on Saturday, and many are now even open on Sunday. No other bank in Canada can compete with their retail presence and branch customer service IMO.
Are you on DRUGS.... TD Has the WORST customer service of all the big banks. My first bank account was with TD and it was a horrible experience. Royal and Scotia have been solid, they are the gold standard for customer service. The few times I had to deal with TD since dumping them a decade ago have been all horror stories. The only thing going for them is they have some branches open until 8PM. But the zombies working behind those counters are about as flexible as just using there web site.

In protest of the banking system I made the switch to a Credit Union about 6 months ago and been pretty happy. Even better service then Royal and Scotia.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 16, 2012, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
I love my credit union, they even threw a small bday party for me when I turned 40.

That's because they really, really, really like eating cake because they are so very fat, and this gave them an excuse to do so

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 16, 2012, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Athens View Post
Are you on DRUGS.... TD Has the WORST customer service of all the big banks. My first bank account was with TD and it was a horrible experience. Royal and Scotia have been solid, they are the gold standard for customer service. The few times I had to deal with TD since dumping them a decade ago have been all horror stories. The only thing going for them is they have some branches open until 8PM. But the zombies working behind those counters are about as flexible as just using there web site.
Sigh. Once again, you open your mouth and straight ignorance comes pouring out.

TD has won the "best customer experience" marketing award out of the Big 5 banks something like 6 or 7 years in a row. Its entire retail focus is on customer service. Their fees are actually higher than most other banks; their response is that "you pay for this fantastic customer service." That's their entire retail business model. So for you to come out and declare that a bank like Scotiabank, of all banks, is better in customer service is absolutely, 100% laughable. (Open from 10-4, anyone? )

(I bank with TD, Scotiabank and Royal Bank. As in, I have financial products - mortgages, bank accounts, credit cards, lines of credit - from all those banks right now, and deal with all of them on a regular basis right now: not "a decade ago" as you've stated. From a retail branch perspective - which is what Glenn mentioned - TD currently has the best branch experience.)

In protest of the banking system I made the switch to a Credit Union about 6 months ago and been pretty happy. Even better service then Royal and Scotia.
Credit unions always get the best customer service marks - and they should. As always it depends on what you want, though - generally their online banking systems are not as good, and if you travel a lot they're not always as good a choice.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 16, 2012, 04:40 PM

Athens, if you do wish to dispute Moncton's claims about TD, perhaps you should use something beyond your personal anecdotes and empirical observations? Especially since 10+ years is a pretty long time?

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 16, 2012, 04:52 PM

At the end of the day it really depends on the people at the branch you deal with. One branch can have A Holes working at it another with the nicest sweetest people.

My reference to TD's uselessness is from any interaction with the bank out side of the branch. The people that pick up from customer service don't speak English, can't ever do anything for you and just send you on circles from one person to another. Though my experiences in Branch have been nothing short of amazingly horrible at best.

Most recent one was dealing with my Car loan moving it from TD to the Credit Union I am with. My rep at the credit union and I where emailing back and forth during the entire experience because it was just that bad.

Heavily Edited Email with my last experience with TD. Removed all references to personal names, numbers, emails.... Red is me, Blue is my agent at the Credit Union.

End of the day it took a hour and a half to pay off a loan, I mean almost 2 hours to give them a check.... Because the girl was having issues with the computer system because she didn't know what she was doing I was ask to stand aside for a half hour while she got other customers out of the way.... Customer service my ass. "I don't know what I am doing so you can stay over there for a half hour even though you waited in life for a half hour for your turn" ....

Why can’t they pay the loan out today. Make sure you are not paying the interest for the remaining 3 days on this payout. They should pick up that interest for the 3 days.

###### ########
Financial Services Representative
Austin
D ###### ########

Sent: November 25, 2011 12:25 PM
To: ###### ########
Subject: Re: I feel terrible for you, sorry.

OMG they put the amount into the system but computer won't let them credit the loan. This is painful.

###### ########
Site Administrator

###### ########
###### ###### ####

Port Coquitlam, BC
###### ######## phone
###### ######## cell

###### ########
###### ########

On 2011-11-25, at 12:21 PM, ###### ######## <###### ########wscu.com> wrote:

I may join you on FB.. How’s it going?

###### ########
Austin
D ###### ########

Sent: November 25, 2011 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: I feel terrible for you, sorry.

They really like bad press. They don't realize how how much this will affect them when I start blogging this on twitter and Facebook.

###### ########
Site Administrator

###### ########
###### ###### ####

Port Coquitlam, BC
###### ######## phone
###### ######## cell

###### ########
###### ########

Thank you I have just faxed over the Lien Release.

###### ########
Austin
D ###### ########

Sent: November 25, 2011 12:18 PM
Subject: Re: Thank you,

###### ########
Site Administrator

###### ########
###### ###### ####

Port Coquitlam, BC
###### ######## phone
###### ######## cell

###### ########
###### ########

On 2011-11-25, at 12:08 PM, ###### ######## <###### ########wscu.com> wrote:

Wow, chartered banks do things differently. Better to deal with a Financial Inst. Which is local. Being in the credit union system for 17 years I think that’s the best thing. Things get done on the same day.

Ask them for a fax # were I can fax over a Lien Release.

Thanks,

######

###### ########
Austin
D ###### ########

Sent: November 25, 2011 12:01 PM

How's this for service. They are making me wait to clear the line up of ppl first.

###### ########
Site Administrator

###### ########
###### ###### ####

Port Coquitlam, BC
###### ######## phone
###### ######## cell

###### ########
###### ########

On 2011-11-25, at 11:48 AM, ###### ######## <###### ########wscu.com> wrote:

That’s why you came to a credit union.

###### ########
Austin
D ###### ########

Sent: November 25, 2011 11:41 AM

TD is being a pain already.

###### ########
Site Administrator

###### ########
###### ###### ####

Port Coquitlam, BC
###### ######## phone
###### ######## cell

###### ########
###### ########

On 2011-11-25, at 11:36 AM, ###### ######## <###### ########wscu.com> wrote:

Hi ###### ,

It was a pleasure to see you again today. Congratulations on your new loan with Westminster Savings. I look forward to an ongoing relationship with you and when you are ready to sit with one of our Financial Planners to discuss savings & investments. I would gladly introduce to ##### #######.

As we discussed with your monthly payments you are set up for bi-weekly starting Dec. 2 and 14 days thereafter in the amount of $216.99

Again I look forward to our future relationship with Westminster Savings.

######

###### ########
Westminster Savings
1101 Austin Avenue

Coquitlam, BC V3K 3P4

D ###### ######## | F 604 931 7599 | W wscu.com

Achieve Better Balance

Confidentiality Caution and Disclaimer

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 16, 2012, 05:06 PM

I Hate TD Canada Trust

My Car loan issues ended up being a problem back east at a central office. Anything outside of the branch which is all credit services is painful with TD, just PAINFUL. If you are just going to a teller to pay a bill, its a simple task hard for any one to screw up.

Did I mention the people working for TD don't speak English... Prob a call center in China or India.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 16, 2012, 09:44 PM

I signed up on a 20 dollar a month thing because I wanted unlimited debit. But eventually a girl from TD called me and pointed out I could have no bank fees if I used my visa for everything which I already did.

Also I'm really excited about my thunder bolt monitor.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 16, 2012, 09:51 PM

What about the thunderbolt support in this monitor is interesting or compelling, or are you interested in your monitor for other reasons and it just happens to be thunderbolt based?

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 16, 2012, 10:09 PM

Well there were two things that sold me. First I bought an HD TV to use as a monitor but find the Resolution too small. Apple, HP and Dell and a few other companies all make displays with this same pannel and aside from one or two that I've seen it's the largest resolution available. The Apple one is only 200 more than an HP one at retailer in town, and I hate HP so I don't really want their name being something I see all day, it's bad enough that I have two Dell monitors at work I have to use.

So the resolution was a huge thing. The second thing was, I LOVE the idea of a Thunderbolt docking station, and this monitor pretty well does all that. The built in speakers probably won't be great, but I can get USB powered ones for that. Beyond that, I have a bajillion USB devices hooked up currently and I run them all through a laptop stand + a second USB hub. I'll still need the hub but I'll no longer need to plug in USB cables. It'll just be ONE Thunderbolt one.

I used to hate having to plug in so many things, then I started routing everything through the USB hub. It also helps that I have an AirPort Express for my music which is awesome. Also it means when I'm at my desk I'll have an ethernet connection which'll be great since I have a 50 mbps internet connection.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Apr 17, 2012, 03:51 AM

richwig83
Mac Elite
Apr 17, 2012, 05:05 AM

Christ..... Someone change the record!!!!
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 | 4GB | 128GB SSD ~ 500GB+2TB Externals ~ iPhone 4 32GB
Canon 5DII | EF 24-105mm IS USM | EF 100-400mm L IS USM | 50mm 1.8mkII
iMac | Mac Mini | 42" Panasonic LED HDTV | PS3

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 17, 2012, 05:36 AM

Can we get a banking forum so this thread will be moved there?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 17, 2012, 06:32 AM

Yeah, I'm hoping that we rock out this thread with some TD talk.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 20, 2012, 08:06 PM

So I got the monitor, and it's awesome. I'm surprised at the resolution though, everything's smaller than I thought it was going to be. I thought my MacBook Pro was going to be the sharper one but it turns out I had it backward.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 20, 2012, 09:54 PM

Salty: this thread is about TD Bank, please take your monitor talk to the monitor forum.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 22, 2012, 02:16 AM

OK so I've finally gotten used to the resolution on the new monitor and it's freaking killer! I'm no longer irritated by my colours looking like crap, and in general I'm living all the screen real-estate. I will say I'm looking forward to OS X being resolution in dependant though. There's a few things which I wish I could make a bit bigger ... oh wait, Pages was set to use small icons. I'm good now

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Apr 22, 2012, 03:12 AM

What the **** is wrong with you?

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 24, 2012, 01:32 AM

I wasn't given enough attention when I was a kid.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 24, 2012, 01:52 AM

How many times a day do you post stuff to Facebook or Twitter?

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2012, 02:43 PM

Facebook often, Twitter, never.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2012, 02:46 PM

Well, since you have your monitor now and you don't want to talk about TD anymore, I'd really like to ask you, if Mr. T wanted to have sex with you, what would you do?

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 27, 2012, 06:39 AM

Ummm... Even with the very loose adherence to "a main subject" we've had with this thread so far, this last post is out of line. Cut it out.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2012, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Well, since you have your monitor now and you don't want to talk about TD anymore, I'd really like to ask you, if Mr. T wanted to have sex with you, what would you do?
Depends. Do I get another thunderbolt monitor out of the deal or do I just get to say I've slept with Mr. T? Also how hung is he?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 29, 2012, 02:50 AM

ghporter: am I allowed to respond?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Apr 29, 2012, 05:30 AM

...and then they nailed him to a tree.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 29, 2012, 05:40 AM

I do kind of remind myself of Jesus.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Apr 29, 2012, 05:56 AM

Really?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 29, 2012, 06:48 AM

I mean THE Jesus, not Big Lebowski Jesus.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 30, 2012, 12:53 PM

IBL

Forum Links
Forum Rules