Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > wwdc gives meaning to my miserable life

wwdc gives meaning to my miserable life
John F. Smith
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 29, 2004, 12:29 AM

just the other night I was lying in bed, thinking "oh geez, what on earth am i living for these days? i lost my job, my dog died 2 weeks ago, I have no friends.. why do I go on?" so, in order to distract my mind from suicidal thoughts, I turned to macnn, where I remembered that wwdc was coming up on monday!! that monitor that Steve demoed, the 30 incher, was like a window to happier place. it was as if steve, a wise, lovable (and unusually thin of late) uncle, were beckoning me to join him in another world, a happier world which could be seen through the window of the new display.

and through that window to a better world i went, with the help of a bit of soul searching! I imagined that on my computer there was a magnifying glass icon, and I pretended to click it which unleashed the power of the most revolutionary feature, spotlight. i shined that spotlight into my dark, abysmal soul and happened upon a delightful memory from my childhood that i had long since forgotten! my mind can be such a jumbled mess sometimes, but with the help of spotlight i can do things like find all of my pictures from paris along with my paris hilton videos and the address of my parisian friend. suddenly, I realised that my life was in fact meaningful!

but you can't have the rainbow without the rain (or however it goes.) dashboard reminded me of my cluttered desk where I used to work, and expos� was eerily similar to the way that I used to fling papers off of my desk when I would have nervous breakdowns.

but at the end of the day, I realised something important--life sure is sweet. even though most of the year i spend crying and feeling sorry for myself because I don't have video out on my ipod, it's all worth it when wwdc comes around. that rush of excitement i get during the keynotes, when steve coughs or does something out of the ordinary, that's what i live my life for!

Socially Awkward Solo
Professional Poster
Jun 29, 2004, 12:34 AM

That's nice.

"Laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

chris_h
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2004, 01:16 AM

Originally posted by John F. Smith:
You wanna make out?

gomanute
Jun 29, 2004, 01:23 AM

gomanute was in before lock.

ambush
Banned
Jun 29, 2004, 02:15 AM

you are truly ****ing sad.

galarneau
Senior User
Jun 29, 2004, 02:51 AM

He is a loathesome, offensive brute. Yet I can't look away.

starman
Clinically Insane
Jun 29, 2004, 08:10 AM

I got Tiger last night. Depressed?

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2004, 01:00 PM

Originally posted by Socially Awkward Solo:
That's nice.
<snip>
Hey, I didn't give you permission to post my pic online