Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Classic doesn't like second system folder...

Classic doesn't like second system folder...
foobars
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2001, 11:22 PM

So I finally broke down and decided I need Classic.

I have my computer set up with two partitions. One with OS9, and one with X. I want to keep my original 9 partition OSX free so I copied it's system folder onto the OSX partition for use with classic. Except Classic won't let me use it. Any suggestions?

batguano2000
Apr 1, 2001, 11:37 PM

There is an Apple TIL about problems installing 9.1 over OS X on the same partition, you may be facing something similar here. Search Apple's TIL for this article (i can't rememebr the number right now).

In the meantime, create a new folder on your 9.1 partition and move your system folder into it, then install a 'clean' system folder.

Last week, my assistant used my G4 to backup his iBook, and his system folder showed up in my Classic preference panel (it was on another partition). Also, when I had the PB, I had 9.0.4 installed on a seperate partition, and a backup of another machine in a backup folder on that partition. I was able to use both for Classic, and for booting.

It's worth a try....

PS: It is 9.1 you have, and not 9.0.4? (had to ask)

[This message has been edited by batguano2000 (edited 04-01-2001).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules