Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > How much interest is there in a Jaguar Fur theme?

How much interest is there in a Jaguar Fur theme? (Page 2)
darkcore
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 11, 2002, 03:17 PM

Originally posted by dggraphics:
Jan I have been working on a FUR theme also. Here's a sample of what I have so far.
It may be a dumb question to ask, but I wanted to know if the white text in the menubar and the window titles in your theme, work in both cocoa and carbon-based applications. I have heard in previous threads that carbon-based apps can only have black text, but I wasn't sure if that was true or not.

starfleetX
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2002, 04:15 PM

Originally posted by darkcore:
It may be a dumb question to ask, but I wanted to know if the white text in the menubar and the window titles in your theme, work in both cocoa and carbon-based applications. I have heard in previous threads that carbon-based apps can only have black text, but I wasn't sure if that was true or not.
Actually, I was about to ask the same question.

Answer?
The server made a boo boo. (403)

smeger
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2002, 04:29 PM

Originally posted by The Mac Geek:

Waaaaaaaaah! It's not 10.2 compatible. *sniff*

I tried converting it with ThemeFur 1.3, but the letters in the Finder are still black, and some of the buttons (Finder window navigation buttons) didn't transfer over.

Looks great, though.
Finder letters are black because Theme Fur doesn't merge clr# or clut resources (Jaguar defines additional colors, so merging these is not straight-forward).

The Finder window navigation stuff didn't merge because it's not in the Extras.rsrc file that Theme Fur deals with. I'm not sure where it is.

This theme rulez, by the way!
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

cptodd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 11, 2002, 05:56 PM

These look GREAT! I love them.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Aug 11, 2002, 06:38 PM

Wow! The theme is great!!!! But I think the stripes need to go in favor of furry menus and headers or at least grey, white or orange ones. The orange sliders look really cool. Also the menubar is not long enough for a TiBook and there are breaks in it on the right side of the screen... can you make it longer? Even the titlebar is not long enough for wide windows on a TiBook. Keep up the great work... I'd love to use this on Jaguar!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

darkcore
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 11, 2002, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by starfleetX:
Actually, I was about to ask the same question.

Answer?

Well I just grabbed the theme, applied it w/ Duality and answered my own question. In carbon-based apps the menu/window title text is white, in cocoa-based apps they are black.

dggraphics
Forum Regular
Aug 11, 2002, 10:06 PM

I based the menubar on a 1024x768 resolution. I used a single image for the menubar instead of a repeating pattern. I could make different themes for different screen resolutions, all I would have to do is adjust the menubar image. What is the screen resolution on the TiBook I forget. Is it 1152 horizontal? I guess I could look it up. I was thinking about changing the orange menu highlights to a furry one. I think it would look better too. The orange is kind of puke colored, kinda dirty looking.

Post your favorite screen resolution and I'll make additional themes.

Also, i'd like to thank you guys for your feedback.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Aug 11, 2002, 11:19 PM

Originally posted by dggraphics:
What is the screen resolution on the TiBook I forget. Is it 1152 horizontal? Also, i'd like to thank you guys for your feedback.
The first two revisions of the Ti like mine were 1152 but the new one is a slightly larger 1280 if you want to make just one for Ti's.
And what about the lines in the toolbars in the windows? People hate lines... that's the main thing that people want themes for is to get rid of the lines. (please get rid of the lines?).
Oh, and if you don't mind me getting picky there is a grey line at the bottom of the furry menubar and titlebars that looks kindof weird. Can you make the fur go all the way to the bottom, or make the line black?
Keep up the good work!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

dggraphics
Forum Regular
Aug 11, 2002, 11:55 PM

whoa..mrtew. Thank you for your enthusiasm. I will definately fix everything thing you listed. I'm old and slow and my eyes are failing me. I did a version for the new tibook at 1280 resolution. I'll do an 1152 next. In this version the menu highlights are just solid black, but I'll probably change this also. Here is the link.Donload Fur 1280

dggraphics
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2002, 01:14 AM

Ok. Here is one at 1152. I hope this fixes the menubar problem. I removed the white line from the bottom and got rid of the lines in the menus. Please let me know if it looks any better.

Download Fur 1152 ]Download Fur 1152[/URL]

dggraphics
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2002, 01:16 AM

That didn't work
Download Fur 1152

Forum Links
Forum Rules