Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Target takes $20 off iPhone 5; Apple posts 2012 12 Days app

Target takes $20 off iPhone 5; Apple posts 2012 12 Days app
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Dec 6, 2012, 08:22 AM

Target is joining RadioShack in a brief iPhone 5 sale. The deal is in-store only, and essentially identical to RadioShack's, providing $20 off any AT&T model of the phone until December 15th. That makes the hardware potentially as cheap as $180, albeit with a two-year contract.

Apple, meanwhile, has released a 2012 update of its 12 Days of Christmas app. The title is a universal one for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, and is designed to support Apple's 12 Days promotional campaign, which will hand out free daily music, app, book, and TV show downloads starting on December 26th. As in past years the app is only available to people outside the US.

rebo84
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2012, 11:19 AM

Target's "sale" is the same as Radio Shack's because Target does not actually sell iPhones. The "Wireless Kiosks" inside Target stores are owned and operated by Radio Shack. The employees at these "kiosks" are Radio Shack employees, not Target employees (sorry, not Target "team members"). Just like the Target opticals are actually owned by Luxotica; the Target Starbucks are actually owned by, well, Starbucks. :-) You get the idea.

Beansmaster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 7, 2012, 05:30 AM

The 12 Days app is only available in the Canadian iTunes Store.

Grendelmon
Senior User
Dec 7, 2012, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by rebo84 View Post
"Just like the Target opticals are actually owned by Luxotica;..."

Huh, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. I bought my last two pair from my local Target a couple years ago and I will never buy specs from them again. They are utterly garbage!

Forum Links
Forum Rules