Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Mac Os X Tiger Upcoming Features

Mac Os X Tiger Upcoming Features
YELLOW_BIRD
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2004, 10:52 PM

Hello,

I am part of the Apple GUI and Foundation Development department, sec 003.
I have worked on the new and upcoming Tiger release for 5 months, and thought it best to share the new features with the dedicated fans of the OS X platform.

Tiger (OS X 10.4) will include:

+A new Graphical User Interface; current builds are strictly core technologies, all new and updated workfaces will be revamped for the final release. The new GUI is codenamed "Hasbra," and will deliver a new look and feel which will be consistant through the entire OS.

+Active Desktops: Will offer the chance for developers and 3rd party software creators to design 'living' backgrounds; adding to the look and feel of the industry leading GUI of OS X.

+Apple HFS filesystem will be replaced with the new world "Red Globe" file system from Neosystems. Apple has been working carefully with Neosystems to develope and combine an entirely new architecture. Red Globe is currently the fastest filesystem in the world, and has support for FSV 3.1, and DNN apro/1.33

+The dock will sport a combination of new features.

These features are valid, and have been kept in secrecy by Apple.

Yours,
Jason Faganelli
"Gaga"

RooneyX
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2004, 10:59 PM

I own 99% of Apple's shares. I say the Finder will be replaced by Abu-Gharaf 1.0. We've been able to strip the Finder down and give it a real whipping to make Get Info very easy to use. Our only problem right now is that Get Info keeps giving us information that is either untrue or dies on us. We've had to court martial several developers over this matter.

chris_h
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2004, 11:18 PM

Originally posted by YELLOW_BIRD:
Hello,

I have worked on the new and upcoming Tiger release for 5 months, and thought it best to share the new features with the dedicated fans of the OS X platform.

+A new Graphical User Interface; current builds are strictly core technologies, all new and updated workfaces will be revamped for the final release. The new GUI is codenamed "Hasbra," and will deliver a new look and feel which will be consistant through the entire OS.

+Active Desktops: Will offer the chance for developers and 3rd party software creators to design 'living' backgrounds; adding to the look and feel of the industry leading GUI of OS X.

+Apple HFS filesystem will be replaced with the new world "Red Globe" file system from Neosystems. Apple has been working carefully with Neosystems to develope and combine an entirely new architecture. Red Globe is currently the fastest filesystem in the world, and has support for FSV 3.1, and DNN apro/1.33

Yours,
Jason Faganelli
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about... or at least, your info is outdated. Everyone knows Red Globe now supports FSV4.5 and DNN apro/1.7
And Hasbra has been abandoned for Crapsba

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2004, 11:49 PM

Hello,

Yours,
Jason Faganelli
What, no NDA?

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2004, 12:15 AM

Hello,

Yours,
Jason Faganelli

bborofka
Forum Regular
Jul 1, 2004, 01:04 AM

Umm, for reals?

:dragonflypro:
Senior User
Jul 1, 2004, 01:15 AM

uh, ok. sure. take it to the bank.

chris_h
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2004, 01:18 AM

Originally posted by bborofka:
Umm, for reals?
oh absolutely... you'll need a powerbook G6 to run it though

SafariX
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2004, 03:10 AM

AND THIS ONE TIME, I WAS STEVE JOBS AND I WAS LIKE OMG WTF BBQ? FBI CPU ROM RAM DDR? Give us a break. Apple's interface designers dont make public displays of stupidity like this.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jul 1, 2004, 03:16 AM

Pass it!

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

schuey100
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2004, 03:20 AM

That's funny

SafariX
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2004, 03:20 AM

Originally posted by - - e r i k - -:
Pass it!

Wheres the Klingon looking dude from the Panther promo video when you need him. Anyone got those old screen grabs?

zachs
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2004, 03:25 AM

Originally posted by SafariX:
Wheres the Klingon looking dude from the Panther promo video when you need him. Anyone got those old screen grabs?

Forum Links
Forum Rules