Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Quicker to buy iPhone in store or online?

Quicker to buy iPhone in store or online?
Foxdog175
Forum Regular
Jul 3, 2007, 09:45 AM

I'd like to purchase an iphone, but they're obviously sold out in stores across the US (for the most part). Should I purchase the phone through Apple's Web site (2-4 week shipping est.) or just keep checking the availability in stores around me? I live in the twin cities if that makes any difference.

As a sidenote, I'm not a huge cell phone user, but since I'm already with AT&T and because I love gadgets like this, I just have to have one. Is anyone getting bored yet with the all of the extra features you're getting with the iPhone?

memory-minus
Senior User
Jul 3, 2007, 02:55 PM

Surely the Mall of America Apple store has them in stock?

-Q-
Jul 5, 2007, 08:51 AM

I think it's a hit or miss proposition. You might be able to find one locally, but I think ordering it online is a good guaranteed way to get one...

Foxdog175  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 5, 2007, 08:57 AM

According to the availability page on the apple site, no stores in MN (or IL where I'm at on vacation here) have any in stock. Would it be faster to wait until one of the stores in MN gets them in or to order through Apple's Web site? To anyone ordering through the site, has the ETA been a few days or are you still waiting on your order?

alligator
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2007, 09:55 AM

My order will be shipped on July 13th and I ordered online on Sunday.

Forum Links
Forum Rules