Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Suggestions for selling price of iPhone 3G?

Suggestions for selling price of iPhone 3G?
B Gallagher
Grizzled Veteran
May 18, 2010, 04:57 AM

Hello all,

My iPhone 3G's current away getting repaired (hairline crack, connection issues). If it's the case that the phone gets replaced, rather than repaired, then I'm thinking about selling it and buying the new iPhone after it's released, which is expected to be some time soon.

I'm just wondering what sort of price I might expect to get for it? I originally purchased it at the end of March 2009, and it's still got a little over 10 months to of the Applecare. The headphones I've used maybe twice, and of course I'd be including the USB cable and charger, plus all the original packaging and a copy of the receipt (sans any personal details).

I've never really sold of any electronics I've owned before as well, so if anyone has any suggestions regarding this as well, it would be greatly appreciated.
MBP 15" C2D 2.2GHz 4.0GB 500GB@5400
iPhone 4 32GB Black

Zeeb
Mac Elite
May 18, 2010, 10:42 AM

If its a shiny new refurb I'd say you could still get $150 at least and maybe more. It's amazing how much old iPhones are still going for.

-Q-
May 18, 2010, 12:09 PM

Most phones I've seen for sale in my area are being offered above US$200 in price. I think the ability to get the phone without a contract really adds to the value of the 3G, even if it's not the latest and greatest.

B Gallagher  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 18, 2010, 03:56 PM

Zeeb and -Q-, many thanks for your replies. That's certainly what I'm hoping - that if it's a shiny new refurb, is not on a contract, unlocked by default, and still has 10 months of the Applecare left, it should go for quite a decent price.
MBP 15" C2D 2.2GHz 4.0GB 500GB@5400
iPhone 4 32GB Black

Forum Links
Forum Rules