Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone 4 in 32 and 64GB

iPhone 4 in 32 and 64GB
stevesnj
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2010, 04:27 PM

MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2010, 05:28 PM

I think lots of people are expecting this. I doubt SquareTrade has any inside dirt, they’re just making a pretty easy guess.

Especially dubious because they’re calling it “iPhone 4G”, which probably won’t be the name.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2010, 09:35 PM

I bet that 90% of iPhone users will never fill a 16 gig iPhone. Making the base model 32 seems like a bit of a waste to me.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jun 4, 2010, 11:27 PM

OTOH contract flash prices are aboout $1.5/GB... on a $600+ device they're spending less than $50 on flash.

Cold Warrior
Jun 4, 2010, 11:28 PM

I wonder if, given Apple's supply requirements, they'd suck all the air out of the room to constrict supply for their competitors. That may be the sort of justification to put it over the edge in Steve's mind of upgrading the whole line to 32-64.

B Gallagher
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2010, 02:00 AM

I should probably know this, but considering Apple currently has a 64GB iPod Touch out, is there any reason why the storage they have in the iPod Touch can't be used on the iPhone? Is it two separate 32GBs, which therefore makes it a problem in terms of how much space is available inside the iPhone?
MBP 15" C2D 2.2GHz 4.0GB 500GB@5400
iPhone 4 32GB Black

ajprice
Professional Poster
Jun 5, 2010, 03:51 AM

Up until now the iPod touch has had double the memory of the iPhone because it had 2 memory chips in the space where the iPhone had one memory chip and phone hardware. That may stay the same when/if the iPod touch gets an A4 processor in line with iPhone HD. iPhone 3G supply is almost gone now, so they might use the 3GS as the $99 model, then 32/64GB iPhone HD.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Forum Links
Forum Rules