Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Syncing Old iPhone With New MacBook Pro

Syncing Old iPhone With New MacBook Pro
JavedNoman83
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2011, 04:55 PM

Hi I'm a iphone user for long time! first 3g then 3gs and now the iphone 4! Just today I got myself a macbook pro for the first time and wondering is there any way that I can transfer all my files from iphone to macbook and get it just like that! I mean everything that includes photo, music, video,contacts,calender entries! Please help!

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 3, 2011, 08:07 PM

Welcome to our forums! As Sierra Dragon noted in the thread you originally posted in, this question is outside the scope of that original thread. I dithered quite a while trying to decide where to direct you, then decided that your question is really related to "new MBP" more than "sync iPhone."

The simple answer to your question assumes that you had a MacBook or other Mac that you're replacing with the new MacBook Pro. In that case, you use the Migration Assistant to "move in" to your new Mac. This should not only put all your old files on the new machine, but also make iTunes on the new machine sync with your old iPhone just fine.

If you are moving to the MBP from some other kind of computer, the migration is mor complicated. You don't provide enough information to guide you in that case. I hope you find this useful, and again, welcome to our forums!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

B Gallagher
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2011, 09:56 PM

Welcome!

If you've previously had a 3G, a 3GS, and now and iPhone 4, what computer have you been using to originally set up the device and sync?
MBP 15" C2D 2.2GHz 4.0GB 500GB@5400
iPhone 4 32GB Black

Forum Links
Forum Rules