Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Layo titlebar hack?

Layo titlebar hack?
bbxstudio
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 12, 2003, 10:13 PM

The old Altavista>Desktopper>translate thing seems to be broken... multiple attempts to translate Desktopper.net have resulted in a wierd snap-back to English. I'm looking for info on altering the Layo resource to customize titlebar proportions... does anybody have the rundown or translated web archive on this?

kupan787
Senior User
Feb 12, 2003, 11:37 PM

Originally posted by bbxstudio:
The old Altavista>Desktopper>translate thing seems to be broken... multiple attempts to translate Desktopper.net have resulted in a wierd snap-back to English. I'm looking for info on altering the Layo resource to customize titlebar proportions... does anybody have the rundown or translated web archive on this?
Even if you changed the layo, only carbon apps would change, not cocoa. So it is not worth it, as you would be left with an inconsistent UI.

Sorry.

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 13, 2003, 02:29 AM

I realize this (one of the many things that ticks me off about Aqua), but in this particular case that wouldn't matter necessarily... I'm still curious as to how this is done... any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

smeger
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2003, 02:37 AM

Email me.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 14, 2003, 01:33 PM

Originally posted by smeger:
Email me.
Thanks - I did, but no response yet

smeger
Mac Elite
Feb 14, 2003, 04:12 PM

Originally posted by bbxstudio:
Thanks - I did, but no response yet
Sorry I've been pretty busy with the release of Mighty Mouse. "Ding, you've got mail!"
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

Forum Links
Forum Rules