Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > World of Goo

World of Goo
moep
Senior User
Nov 15, 2008, 07:26 PM

I really can’t recommend this game enough. It’s a lovingly crafted physics/puzzle game by an independent 2-man game studio, available on Mac, Wii and PC.

The music is great, the graphics are well done and the whole game is full of humorous easter eggs. I look at it as the “Portal” of puzzle games. You can feel the passion and polish that went into it.

A demo of the full first chapter is available. There’s no multiplayer mode but every extra goo at the end of a level will be added to the “World of Goo Cooperation” where you can build a tower as high as possible against other players in realtime. If none of this makes sense to you, just give the demo a shot.
And if you like it consider buying — they have zero DRM but 90% of all copies are pirated at the moment.

Link: http://2dboy.com/games.php

The full game is a bit on the short side but still worth the $20 in my eyes.
Best game I’ve played all year!

(it’s just sad how everyone buys Spore from a giant like EA and this small indie team gets smacked in the face because they offer this game DRM free to their customers. )
"The road to success is dotted with the most tempting parking spaces."

mduell
Posting Junkie
Nov 16, 2008, 01:02 AM

The way they calculated that 90% figure is completely bogus; they've since revised it down to 82% (per your own link), but I still think that's inflated.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 17, 2008, 10:43 AM

Any amount of piracy of this indie game is just wrong.

I recommend this game as well. its awesome, possibly the best game for me this year (despite the lack of 'epicness'). Its also available on WiiWare for 1500 points (USD$15).

Cheers

Forum Links
Forum Rules