Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Just ordered my G5... going nuts!

Just ordered my G5... going nuts!
irnbrumike
Forum Regular
Jul 1, 2004, 04:11 PM

Just bought a refurb dualie 1.8

I opted for the free ground shipping from the Apple store... I think I'm gonna go crazy long before this thing arrives (scheduled to arrive the 6th of July!)

Argh...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
eMac.G5 DP.iMac.iPod.iSight
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dirtbikephil
Jul 1, 2004, 09:45 PM

Yeah I know how that goes. I bought my iBook G4 through Apple w/the free shipping too. It wasn't too bad of a wait though. It just seems like a long time cause I kept tracking my shipment every day. I'm such a dork.

d.fine
Mac Elite
Jul 2, 2004, 03:47 AM

Patience is a virtue even tough I don't have it when it comes to waiting for a new G5 I feel with you

I ordered mine yesterday now the wait

stuffing feathers up your b*tt doesn't make you a chicken.

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2004, 12:30 AM

Originally posted by irnbrumike:
Just bought a refurb dualie 1.8

I opted for the free ground shipping from the Apple store... I think I'm gonna go crazy long before this thing arrives (scheduled to arrive the 6th of July!)

Argh...
Don't feel to bad, I have to wait till late august to get mine! damn GeForce 6800 holding up the show!

Better be worth it....
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

irnbrumike  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 5, 2004, 08:47 PM

...supposed to arrive tomorrow...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

StevenWRX
Forum Regular
Jul 5, 2004, 10:40 PM

congrats! im awaiting my new dual 2.0 g5 also.. i have a good 2 weeks before i see it.

best of luck!
-Rev. C PowerBook 17" 1.5GHz
-iPod Mini 4gb Silver (Rev. B)
-Gaming Rig: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester, Asus A8N-E, 2 Gig Corsair XMS, nVidia GeForce 7900GT PCI-E, Seagate 320gb Barracuda HDD, Samsung 16X Dual Layer w/ LightScribe, Thermaltake Tsunami, Antec 550W True Power 2.0, Saitek Eclipse Keyboard, Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse, Samsung 19" 931B.

d.fine
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2004, 03:08 AM

This is taking too long

Why did I have to order one with custom options

thetman
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 6, 2004, 07:29 AM

i ordered the 28th of june and mines coming today to,

starman
Clinically Insane
Jul 6, 2004, 08:54 AM

Well, today's the day

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

irnbrumike  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 6, 2004, 03:26 PM

It's here! I can't believe how BIG this CPU is. And heavy! It's so dang fast. God speed for the rest of you to get yours! Damn, I'm gonna be up all night playing!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

d.fine
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2004, 02:58 PM

Have fun !!! I'm jealous, I got another week to go I hate to wait, I want my G5 !!!!

davidflas
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2004, 04:56 PM

I just received my Rev. A dual 1.8 from Macmall. I know I could have bought a refurb from Apple, but I splurged and got a brand new one

2.7Ghz 15" Mid 2012 MBP 16GB RAM 7.2k 750GB HD anti-glare display|64GB iPad4 ATT LTE|

Thinine
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2004, 06:55 PM

You need a new monitor to go with it.

mosespatrader
Forum Regular
Jul 8, 2004, 07:54 PM

I'm still waiting for my cto 1.8 from Apple. I ordered it on June 22nd with expected delivery on July 2nd. On July 3rd I got an email that said "due to supply constraints" Apple will unable to meet it's original date. My new date is July 19th. Practically a whole month just for a 1.8.

On several occasions I have thought about cancelling it and just ordering one from macmall. However I just can't live with the default graphics card.

Anybody else facing delays on a CTO? I upgraded the hard disk, video card, airport extreme and bluetooth.

Is is just me or is Apple have difficulties across the board meeting demand? Mini iPod, iMac, Displays, PowerMacs.

scott,

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2004, 08:56 PM

I don't wana hear it! You are all going to get your way before I get mine! That 6800 is setting me back till end of August!
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

d.fine
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2004, 03:15 AM

No no no, no delays, everything's ok, delivery's will be one time, they have to be

ngc127
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 9, 2004, 09:20 AM

Originally posted by mosespatrader:
I'm still waiting for my cto 1.8 from Apple. I ordered it on June 22nd with expected delivery on July 2nd. On July 3rd I got an email that said "due to supply constraints" Apple will unable to meet it's original date. My new date is July 19th. Practically a whole month just for a 1.8.
I'm in the same boat. Also ordered a customized 1.8 (rev 2). Ordered on 6/28, told it would ship on 7/8, then late on 7/8 received new message saying it wouldn't ship until 7/23. Painful. Anyone know why Apple seems to be having trouble even shipping the base model of the G5?

dirtbikephil
Jul 10, 2004, 11:28 AM

I hope this doesn't happen to me either. I just upgraded my video card for the 128mb one and the estimated ship date is 7-10 days. That's a little ridiculous for just installing a graphics card.

*I've got my fingers crossed

Lex
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 10, 2004, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by mosespatrader:

Anybody else facing delays on a CTO? I upgraded the hard disk, video card, airport extreme and bluetooth.

Is is just me or is Apple have difficulties across the board meeting demand? Mini iPod, iMac, Displays, PowerMacs.

scott,
The same thing happened to me wtih my CTO G5 2.0 (more RAM and 9600XT). It was supposed to ship on July 8th (ordered June 26), but instead I received an email stating that "supply contraints" would make it on or before 7/23. I too am frustrated, I guess if I were to order a Dell I could say, "Dude, you are getting a Dell" but with Apple lately it seems like "Dude, you are getting a delay."
At least I won't have to wait as long between receiving my G5 and the 20" cinema display (est. 7/27). Talk about optimistic.

mosespatrader
Forum Regular
Jul 11, 2004, 12:59 PM

Well I was seriously considering cancelling my order and just picking up a PowerMac at my local Apple Store. However Apple came through for me!!! I checked my email and received an email late yesterday (Saturday) that is shipped! Apple must be working overtime to ship out products on Saturday. My PowerMac expected to be at my doorstep on Monday before 3:00pm.

I ordered mine on 6/22 so hopefully all of you that are in the same boat that I am will receive a shipping notiification any day now!

Shaktai
Mac Elite
Jul 11, 2004, 10:27 PM

I envy all of you. Wish I could afford to order one right now. I'd be willing to wait for delivery, if I could just afford it. (Didn't say I would be patient, just that I'd be willing to wait).

videian28
Mac Elite
Jul 12, 2004, 09:43 AM

well mine still says 7/30 for the 2.5 cto with 6800 card and bluetooth ordered on 6/11

hope they come through with that date, or I will be demanding comensation from them

SafariX
Mac Elite
Jul 12, 2004, 11:30 AM

Demand nothing less than a warm package of Oscar Meyer Cheez Dogs. They rock.

kcourt
Jul 12, 2004, 04:05 PM

This is the last word I just got from my salesman at MacConnection, in a E-mail to me just now.

�The 2.5 G5's are currently showing a due in date of 7/23. This of course is a date given by Apple and could be sooner, or unfortunately later.�

So we really don�t know any more now that we did before.

Kathy

irnbrumike  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 16, 2004, 10:47 AM

...and here's mine. All of you, I swear, it's worth the wait. These G5s are amazing!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

videian28
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2004, 02:23 PM

man if your going to put that on the desk like that you have to take the outsice metal cover off, show off the beauty of the powermacs internals and gaze at those dual G5's!!!

bbales
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2004, 10:09 AM

Hey! You're still using an old (mine's nearly 4 years old) Apple studio display! I was thinking most people had relegated theirs to computer heaven.

irnbrumike  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 19, 2004, 04:52 PM

Oh, yeah. I love this monitor. It's in perfect shape, the picture is superb, and looks sweet next to the G5. Everything on my desk now is grey or brushed-steel or transparent.... except my iPod and Palm Zire and the keyboard.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2004, 10:04 AM

Nice, to bad you couldn't use the old Pro Keyboard with that setup, I think it would look better. That said, those CRT monitors Apple put out have always been sweet looking, I"d love to get one.

kcourt
Jul 22, 2004, 07:53 PM

I just received a postcard from MacConnection re: my 2.5 G5 order....

The order was taken on June 29, and they quoted a date of July 20 (or sooner) as the delivery date. The postcard stated that this item is out of stock and they will deliver it as soon as it arrives.

Guess the August dates are when they are coming now. Hope it is no later...

Kathy

Forum Links
Forum Rules