Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anna Benson and new Orioles pitching hubby, Kris, want to "CHRISTEN" every city?

Anna Benson and new Orioles pitching hubby, Kris, want to "CHRISTEN" every city? (Page 6)
analogika
Posting Junkie
Jan 26, 2006, 08:59 AM

*"Days of our Lounge" will be back after THESE brief messages.*

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 26, 2006, 09:09 AM

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2006, 09:11 AM

Cody vs. Kev. -- it's the NN match of the century. Can we go to page ten, folks? Whaddya think? Any takers?

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 26, 2006, 09:14 AM

Naw I think I made cody mad enough for one day. And that wasn't my intentions.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2006, 09:28 AM

Kevin did make me mad.

I'm over it now.

Here's the thing that I do want to say publicly:

I think he's defending aberdeenwriter and for that he's trying to be a good guy.

I know aberdeenwriter a little better than most because I knew him before he showed up here. He's NOT a bad guy. He's actually a VERY nice guy. He's very intelligent and sometimes he overthinks things and because he overthinks he doesn't see things the way that some of us do. David Bowie commercials are an example, see? He likes to consider all angles and all interpretations, not just what is on the surface.

I think he's okay and we should all cut him some slack. I had a difference of opinion with him about a year ago but it's water under the bridge from my standpoint and doesn't matter anymore.

That's about all I have to say on the matter.

andi*pandi
Jan 26, 2006, 09:36 AM

fwiw, I believe kevin.

this guy doesn't, however.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2006, 02:18 PM

i've got $5 on page 15 barring a lock.

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 26, 2006, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by chris v
Cody vs. Kev. -- it's the NN match of the century. Can we go to page ten, folks? Whaddya think? Any takers?
Naw. I tried to get Kevin to go at Adam Bettes in a sanctioned flamewar. All I got out of either of them was a bunch of mushy "we're friends now" crap. Come to think of it, SWG bombed in his chance to shine too.

So I don't think it would be much of a match.

At least i got a custom 'Hood animated lock out of it. That's something, at least.

If Heaven has a dress code, I'm walkin to Hell in my Tony Lamas.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2006, 04:32 PM

I like Kevin. He's a good guy. He's probably one of the only people around here with a well-developed sense of decency and honor.

He's also not a bully around here which makes him head and shoulders above most everyone here.

I just happened to disagree with him this morning, that's all.

I don't know if this thread will be locked or not. I don't care.

That much said, +1 just in case.

mr. natural
Mac Elite
Jan 26, 2006, 05:20 PM

Orgasmically posted by Cody Dawg
I like Kevin. He's a good guy.
Feel the LOVE!

Bring it on, you Dawgy girl!

He's probably one of the only people around here with a well-developed sense of decency and honor.
Not only that, but I hear that he's got a well-developed pair of cojones too!

But that aberdeen boy, where's his at?

"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 26, 2006, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by mr. natural
Feel the LOVE!

Get a room.

(Make sure it has a webcam.)

wolfen
Mac Elite
Jan 26, 2006, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by boots
Get a room.

We're gonna give you a sec to realize what you said. And then...we're gonna laugh at you anyway.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 26, 2006, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by mr. natural
Feel the LOVE!
Get a room.

-t

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 26, 2006, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
I like Kevin. He's a good guy. He's probably one of the only people around here with a well-developed sense of decency and honor.

He's also not a bully around here which makes him head and shoulders above most everyone here.

I just happened to disagree with him this morning, that's all.

I don't know if this thread will be locked or not. I don't care.

That much said, +1 just in case.
That is probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me in here.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2006, 09:20 PM

Well, it's true.

WDLove, Kevin, Railroader, RAILhead, eBuddy, and (I'm beginning to feel like I'm trying to remember everyone to thank at Oscar time ) a few others are usually nice ALL of the time.

I'm not. I admit it.

But, I try to be. I'm just a work in progress - God ain't finished with me yet.

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 26, 2006, 09:32 PM

You aren't mean Cody. We all have our moments. Mine was a few months back when I didn't stay banned.

And to be honest, you were right. I SHOULD have messaged you.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2006, 11:39 PM

Okay, so maybe the cuddle-fest will make page 10.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 12:14 AM

page 15 here we come!

what do i have to do to be invited to the love-in?

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 12:35 AM

I'm eating blueberries, fresh blueberries.

Anyone want some?

Now, aren't we on page 6? Or is MacNN screwed up again?

And where is aberdeenwriter? We demand that he returns!

euchomai
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 12:57 AM

I'm eating blueberries, fresh blueberries.

Anyone want some?

Now, aren't we on page 6? Or is MacNN screwed up again?

And where is aberdeenwriter? We demand that he returns!

edited... (I'm a switcher)
( Last edited by euchomai; Jan 27, 2006 at 08:57 AM. )

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 12:59 AM

yeah baiting the lounge isn't that fun without AW.

aberdeenwriter  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 07:06 AM

In Dec. 2004 a young woman solicitor called me and we chatted but no sale. Next day she called again and our chats became more frequent and more personal. Within 2 -3 weeks we had become smitten with each other. It was about then she told me she was only 17. Ow. I scolded her and said we can still talk just as long as we don't do anything illegal and we both scurried to find what was and what wasn't illegal.

Before the end of the month we were in love and I proposed. She said yes and we began planning our lives together. She, 800 - 1,000 miles away in her state and me in mine.

I shared my happiness with my married friend, xxxxxxxxx (she and I know each other from online and phone calls only).

I told xxxx that we weren't going to do anything illegal and that we were going to be MARRIED after she turned 18.

xxxx began telling me that she was worried that I might be doing something illegal. Especially since my fiancee said she didn't want to tell her father about me until after we were married. This bothered me and I asked her several times to tell him but she refused saying if he says no for now he can't say no in 3 months from now after I'm of age. So why worry him?

I had to respect her, although it was a sore point between us.

As for xxxx, I told her it wasn't her business and if she were my friend she would be happy for me, trust my judgment and respect my decision.

It became clear after several days of angry calls and emails that xxxx and I had come to the fork in our road. So, I told xxxx to just leave my fiance out of any of her thoughts, plans or actions and that would be that.

Some time after that, (I am hazy on chronology of when things happened) xxxx called to try to make up. She admitted she was jealous of my having another relationship with someone else and I understood how she felt. But I was so sorry about everything that had transpired that I cried with happiness that we could put it all behind us.

Except that that evening my fiance told me someone had called her work and tried alerting her supervisors of what was going on.

I can't be sure of this because my fiance knew I felt very protective of xxxx and maybe my fiance wanted to force me to cut things off from the married FRIEND.

Anyway, a few days later, sometime in January 2005 I left MacNN.

Every so often I'd check the boards as a lurker and I saw xxxx spilling her guts, telling lies and treating my personal business as though it were her own. And always acting 'holier-sweeter-and smarter than thou,' always passing judgment on someone or something (pre-judging = prejudice) and skating around criticism of her shortcomings by schmoozing the powers that be.

I stayed away. This was her 'place' first so I decided to let her have it and let the whole thing just go. If this was all she had I decided to let her have it and I'd take the zings. After all what do I care about what these folks think?

I didn't like it that she was sullying my reputation and getting away with it, but I'm supposed to be the bigger person and I knew if I came to defend myself there would be two victims of her ignorant actions, not just one.

So, I stayed away for several months. I returned after the 1st anniversary of my leaving and tried to put the whole thing behind us.

Well, in the Anna Benson thread 'dyslexic' accused me of robbing the cradle.

I immediately reported him for impugning my character but MacNN did nothing about it. I PM'd him, called my lawyer friend and threatened legal action. He was not deterred. I PM'd xxxx and told her to do something to rectify this situation she had caused by revealing my personal matters in MacNN.

What she does is to act condescendingly toward me in my absence. She assumed I was keeping quiet out of fear for my own reputation, when it was actually hers. Then, when someone tried to stick up for me she acts so brazenly as to attack him.

I accepted the zings on her behalf but I will NOT allow her to take advantage of someone sticking up for me.

Some people THINK they are bright and think they are slick but all they do is make use of their personality and contacts and when they get in trouble they just screw things up further.

By the way, this wasn't the first time.

Remember the Miami Explosion thread? Guess who phoned that story to me? Guess who took the zings for that and then afterwards acted as though I was the well meaning and bright but naive one? All because I was protecting HER from criticism.

I'm sorry I ever spoke with her and I really hope she has a great life and that this will be the end of any reason I ever have anything, ever to do with her.

That's pretty much the story.

Oh, and as for my fiance?

Stress over the matter accentuated my chronic debilitating anxiety/depression and led to a dissolution of our relationship and our plans for marriage. Things probably would have fallen apart anyway or the marriage wouldn't have held up. But it didn't die a natural death. It was poisoned.

She and I haven't spoken nor exchanged emails or letters since March of 2005.

THAT'S the story.

P.S. I'm tired of being taken advantage of trying to act honorably to protect someone who throws me and those who would defend me, under the bus.

P.P.S. Yes, I'm a disabled man who suffers from mood disorders which prevent my functioning reliably and so I do take meds and for those of you who kidded me about it, well congrats. That's one for you. You nailed me.

I may lurk a bit after this post but I don't know if I'll ever be back.

Enjoy.
Consider these posts as my way of introducing you to yourself.

Proud "SMACKDOWN!!" and "Golden Troll" Award Winner.

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 27, 2006, 08:45 AM

*sigh*

/me comfubulates.

euchomai
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 08:58 AM

Wow, there we have it, this really could go 15 pages!

MacallacaM
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2006, 09:03 AM

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 09:20 AM

MacNN Lounge: When Loons Collide.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by MacallacaM
Trying to figure out which is better:
http://esr.ibiblio.org/graphics/anna-benson.jpg
Definitely this one. The other one has her in the "granny panties". I don't care how much lace, silk, and see-through material you put on them, when panties cover that much flesh they belong on old women, not this fine young specimen on display in the pictures.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

andi*pandi
Jan 27, 2006, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by MacallacaM
Trying to figure out which is better:

that was some long post. but reality was not nearly as bad as the possibilities.

ab, sorry if I hurt your feelings with the meds thing, but saying you needed meds is like saying cash has ADD--obvious and true. But perhaps things that are true don't make good jokes.

I would wittle down cody's list of folks who are always nice, to WD.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jan 27, 2006, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by euchomai
Wow, there we have it, this really could go 15 pages!
I doubt it, actually. I've seen people threaten to leave these boards many times; hell, four or five years ago I did it once myself. Once someone threatens to leave, whether or not they actually do, the thread spirals downward very quickly. I give it another three days, and maybe three more pages. Or, to put it another way...
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2006, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi
ab, sorry if I hurt your feelings with the meds thing, but saying you needed meds is like saying cash has ADD--obvious and true. But perhaps things that are true don't make good jokes.

I would wittle down cody's list of folks who are always nice, to WD.
Quoted for truth.

wolfen
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 11:21 AM

Kudos to AW for bein' a man about it all. If what he says is all true, he's a stand up guy. We're all defective in some way -- some more obvious than others, that's all. He's a lot better than the closet pedophiles who sometimes haunt these boards.

Anyway, glad you sorted it all out. Now you've just got to be able to laugh at yourself when you get entertaining, is all.

As for Kevin, I'm nearly convinced he gave his nick to someone else. He's really matured in the last year.

Finally, we can all relax. Life here will return to "normal," and this thread will eventually revolve around Cody before it dies.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jan 27, 2006, 11:22 AM

Dakar
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2006, 11:29 AM

Instant Classic.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 11:35 AM

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 27, 2006, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by d4nth3m4n
Cash money uploads?oook.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 12:06 PM

I'd say he needs meds.

His version of "the truth" is not exactly what MY experience is.

She "had just turned 17" is what I was told.

He left out the part where this girl was living at home and her parents didn't know about their relationship and he was trying to get her to go meet him in Las Vegas and get married - without her father knowing.

He had never met her, she had never met him, yet they were "in love." He solicited this girl and all of a sudden he was "in love" in a few days.

Fine. That's cool and possible.

Why don't you tell the WHOLE story, eh?

You were unemployed, living in dubious circumstances, etc. At one point I offered you my house in Seattle to go live in IF you two got married LEGALLY, remember? I said you could stay there for the summer while a professor who leases it was gone for the summer.

Yes, I was VERY concerned about your relationship. Why? Because for some reason I cared.

You forgot the part where you are pushing 54 and she is 17 and you hadn't told her how old you were? And she didn't even know what you looked like? And, in a lot of states, it is illegal to do some of things you were doing.

More importantly, I was very concerned that her father would find out and do something to you, remember THAT?

The other day you "forgot" that this is an ANONYMOUS forum and you sent me a threatening PM telling me to "retract" my statements.

Do whatever you want, AW. I don't care. I feel sorry for you, to be honest. You can't control yourself.

I tried to be nice to you yesterday and restore some of your dignity here and you just can't not do something to sabotage yourself. You'll continue to do it, whether it's reporting about exploding banks or accusing people of "controlling" other people here, or taking television commercials a TAD bit too seriously, etc. Whatever. I tried to be nice to you - because Kevin suggested I mellow out and I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt - and once again we all are treated to your drama.

Carry on!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 27, 2006, 12:08 PM

Well, it's true.

WDLove, Kevin, Railroader, RAILhead, eBuddy, and (I'm beginning to feel like I'm trying to remember everyone to thank at Oscar time ) a few others are usually nice ALL of the time.

I'm not. I admit it.

But, I try to be. I'm just a work in progress - God ain't finished with me yet.

You do pretty well... you've been nicer to me than Kevin and Railroader.

As for WDLove, I'm so happy because I've finally cracked the puzzle! He's confirmed this with me too, so I'm pleased to share this with you.

In case anybody else is wondering about the meaning of his nickname, this explains it:

The man loves his WD-40!

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2006, 12:10 PM

To each his own lube, I guess.

(I'll admit to owning several bottles that are around the house in various locations.. In the lab, though, it's 3-in-1 oil.)

mr. natural
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 12:36 PM

well, there you have it folks: Truth is stranger than fiction.

and as an after thought: lap dogs do bite back.

Next up: Oprah - "I feel duped!" - interviews PowerBook Dude and his reaction to being replaced in the pantheon of immortal MacNN threads.

"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 12:46 PM

Like I said yesterday, I think he's a guy that means well but makes poor decisions periodically, that's all. He's intelligent and can be very witty.

There is a part of me that wants to help people (and animals) and I do try to help. However, I am a person who speaks my mind (obviously) and if I don't agree with someone and/or I think someone might hurt himself or herself, I speak louder - even yelling - than ever. Why? Because I do care.

AW, for what's it worth, I never called your girlfriend's/fiancee's company - which is what you allude to up above. My best guess is that she just told you that because a) She believed it for some reason unrelated to myself or b) Just wanted out of the relationship that you two developed and she told you that. I did want to clarify that since you mentioned that.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 12:47 PM

Like I said yesterday, I think he's a guy that means well but makes poor decisions periodically, that's all. He's intelligent and can be very witty.

There is a part of me that wants to help people (and animals) and I do try to help. However, I am a person who speaks my mind (obviously) and if I don't agree with someone and/or I think someone might hurt himself or herself, I speak louder - even yelling - than ever. Why? Because I do care.

AW, for what's it worth, I never called your girlfriend's/fiancee's company - which is what you allude to up above. My best guess is that she just told you that because a) She believed it for some reason unrelated to myself or b) Just wanted out of the relationship that you two developed and she told you that. I did want to clarify that since you mentioned that.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Cash money uploads?oook.
well, i guess photobucket is out of the question....

CELERY!

and i will gladly take all the blame for getting this thread to page 6 in the first place. thank you.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by aberdeenwriter
In Dec. 2004 a young woman solicitor called me and we chatted but no sale. Next day she called again and our chats became more frequent and more personal. Within 2 -3 weeks we had become smitten with each other. It was about then she told me she was only 17. ....
Posting side splittingly insane thread on an internet board: Hilarious
Posting another one in the space of two days to try and bait the people you couldn't bait the first time round: Stupendous
Admitting you're a paedophile on an internet forum with 16000 members: Priceless
weird wabbit

paul w
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 01:06 PM

Wow, just...wow.

the only thing that doesn't jibe is that people have suspected that AW had come back as someone else (mojo2?).

I dunno though.

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2006, 01:10 PM

well, i guess photobucket is out of the question....

CELERY!

and i will gladly take all the blame for getting this thread to page 6 in the first place. thank you.
THANKS! I'm glad I saw that before I sent the wife the store. Now I can warn her about the reality-distortion field generated by celery, and maybe save her some embarrassment. I'll pick up the celery on the way home.

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2006, 01:12 PM

To each his own lube, I guess.

(I'll admit to owning several bottles that are around the house in various locations.. In the lab, though, it's 3-in-1 oil.)
It's all about Phil's Tenacious Oil for my bikes: http://www.microfence.com/pages/P&PZoom/PhilOil.html

The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 01:18 PM

this is easily the best thread of the new year. something pretty awesome'll have to come by to surpass this one.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 01:19 PM

THANKS! I'm glad I saw that before I sent the wife the store. Now I can warn her about the reality-distortion field generated by celery, and maybe save her some embarrassment. I'll pick up the celery on the way home.
you too should be careful. last thing you need is your hanes on your tony Lamas.

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2006, 01:19 PM

this is easily the best thread of the new year. something pretty awesome'll have to come by to surpass this one.
I have hope.

mr. natural
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 01:21 PM

Peak Oil threads are aberdeen's speciality.

Forum Links
Forum Rules