Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Windows get Mac-over

Windows get Mac-over
Thread Tools
bentoon
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: N.Y.C.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2004, 11:44 PM
 
     
d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Far above Cayuga's waters.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2004, 11:50 PM
 
*sigh*
     
Frisbee
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vermont
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 12:06 AM
 
If you think THAT'S a mac-over, you've got a way to go. I've seen Windows with a finder, dock, and the menus from every app appearing in a menubar, perfectly replicated shadows... on and on.
     
NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 12:59 AM
 
click one
     
bentoon  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: N.Y.C.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 01:27 AM
 
I especially like the review-zdnet



     
kmkkid
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Brantford, ON. Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 01:36 AM
 


Clickity Click Click.





And no, I dont have my desktop like this all the time. Just for these such occasions.



Chris
     
NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 02:04 AM
 
It's the icons, nasty desktops, and lack of Quartz text rendering that give windows away most of the time. And some of the time bad jpg compression on the screen snap.

Yes the ZDnet one is the best.
http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/4520-6033_16-4206961.html
click one
     
kmkkid
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Brantford, ON. Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 02:32 AM
 
Originally posted by NetworkShadow:
It's the icons, nasty desktops, and lack of Quartz text rendering that give windows away most of the time. And some of the time bad jpg compression on the screen snap.

Yes the ZDnet one is the best.
http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/4520-6033_16-4206961.html

People arnt switching because of cost, not because they are afraid of losing something, that guy has it all wrong.



Oh, and what makes my desktop look like windows? (other than program titles of course). My icons are alphablended, my desktop is pretty, my text looks fine, and my JPEG compression is 0.

Just because some windows users have no taste and can't pull off the OS X look doesnt mean none can



Chris
     
JoE950
Forum Regular
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 08:18 AM
 
ok i totaled all the software that guy listed, (and he didnt even mention object bar which i have excluded..) and i will add windowblindz just because the app is ridiculously priced (and gives me a leg to stand on). and the total comes to a friggen US $133.90.... something about that just doesnt sit right with me.. ill just keep my mac thanks...
     
kmkkid
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Brantford, ON. Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 10:22 AM
 
Originally posted by JoE950:
ok i totaled all the software that guy listed, (and he didnt even mention object bar which i have excluded..) and i will add windowblindz just because the app is ridiculously priced (and gives me a leg to stand on). and the total comes to a friggen US $133.90.... something about that just doesnt sit right with me.. ill just keep my mac thanks...

Still Cheaper than buying a Mac. And there are free alternatives to all the apps he's listed.

All the apps in my screenshot are free, with the exception of objectbar, but there are free alternatives to that, like I said above.

"and i will add windowblindz just because the app is ridiculously priced"

Windowblinds is $20 and does a hell of a lot more than ShapeShifter can do.... Which is overpriced now?


Chris
( Last edited by kmkkid; Apr 22, 2004 at 10:31 AM. )
     
Frisbee
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vermont
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 11:04 AM
 
I think when he says windowblinds, he means objectdesktop... And about NS' comment, while your text is pretty well anti-aliased, it's still not an exact duplicate of Quartz. And your icons, quite simply, aren't mac os 10 icons. Still, a very nice "mac-over" indeed. If I ever get a wintel, I'm going to have to contact you on how to make it look like that.
     
kmkkid
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Brantford, ON. Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 11:19 AM
 
Originally posted by Frisbee:
I think when he says windowblinds, he means objectdesktop... And about NS' comment, while your text is pretty well anti-aliased, it's still not an exact duplicate of Quartz. And your icons, quite simply, aren't mac os 10 icons. Still, a very nice "mac-over" indeed. If I ever get a wintel, I'm going to have to contact you on how to make it look like that.
Yeah, the text could be better, but I refuse to use cleartype on a CRT As for the icons, if you took the time you could use all OS X style 'glossy' icons, I just prefer XP's cartoonish look

And ObjectDesktop at $50 is a DEAL, you get all of stardocks apps, which include's everything to change almost every element of XP.


Chris
     
Crni
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 03:43 PM
 
I just couldn't resist



Running BBX Mercury objectbar skin, Objectdock and Samurize (Konfabulator for windows).
CD-RW icon is hidden when no media is loaded (and it's different for different media types)

more screenshots
     
pman68
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Western MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 04:46 PM
 
Originally posted by Crni:
I just couldn't resist



Running BBX Mercury objectbar skin, Objectdock and Samurize (Konfabulator for windows).
CD-RW icon is hidden when no media is loaded (and it's different for different media types)

more screenshots

Those are the BEST XP screens I've ever seen!

Great job, even the icons look perfect.
     
fireside
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Floreeda
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 04:50 PM
 
Originally posted by kmkkid:
My icons are alphablended
no no, it has nothing to do with the alphablending of the icons. it has to do with the fact that you have like a kajillion icons on your desktop which give it away.
     
Mike S.
Senior User
Join Date: Jun 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 04:52 PM
 
One might be able to make Windows look just like a Mac but in the end it's still Windows.

That's not an elitist Mac zealot thing that's a guy who's fixed many the person's Windows installation thing.

The Mac experience isn't just about how it looks or some key apps it's about the whole usability aspect after factoring in third parties and the like. Overall, apps in Mac land are still a lot more user friendly and respectful about how they go about things.

When using Windows I don't want it looking like a Mac. I want it to look like a personalized version of Windows but that's just me.

Nice BBX desktop, there are no tells in that picture that indicate it isn't a Mac except for the Dock separation of apps and windows and the "Open URL in IE" and Switch Themes menu entries. Little things most people would easily over look.
     
Zimphire
Baninated
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Moon
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 04:56 PM
 
Yeah,, in the end.. . it still operates like Windows.

You cannot change that.

OS X isn't just about "How it looks"
     
Dace
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 05:20 PM
 
Here's a pic of my Mac looking like Windows pretending to look like a Mac :



PS That's not iDVD in the dock, it's VLC


Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services
     
Crni
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 05:42 PM
 
Nice BBX desktop, there are no tells in that picture that indicate it isn't a Mac except for the Dock separation of apps and windows and the "Open URL in IE" and Switch Themes menu entries. Little things most people would easily over look.
tnx
things you are mentioning are easily edited - both bar and dock can be skined so that are 1:1 replica of OS X counterparts.
     
kmkkid
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Brantford, ON. Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 06:08 PM
 
Originally posted by fireside:
no no, it has nothing to do with the alphablending of the icons. it has to do with the fact that you have like a kajillion icons on your desktop which give it away.

That's not true. I would do the same with a mac desktop. Except with a mac they'd be on the right side. The desktop is MEANT for important shortcuts.

Chris
     
Frisbee
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vermont
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 06:39 PM
 
Originally posted by kmkkid:
The desktop is MEANT for important shortcuts.
You mean aliases?

Is there any way to make the contents of a folder shown in a contextual menu coming out of objectdock via right click, like it is on the mac os 10 dock? I have a windows friend who wishes it would do this.
     
fireside
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Floreeda
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 07:04 PM
 
Originally posted by kmkkid:
The desktop is MEANT for important shortcuts.

Chris
no, thats what QuickSilver is for.
     
smoke-tetsu
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Mexico
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 07:19 PM
 
     
ryaxnb
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Felton, CA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 07:37 PM
 
Theme? Desktop? Icons? Just looks like a dock to me.
Trainiable is to cat as ability to live without food is to human.
Steveis... said: "What would scammers do with this info..." talking about a debit card number!
     
Crni
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 07:51 PM
 
Originally posted by Frisbee:
You mean aliases?

Is there any way to make the contents of a folder shown in a contextual menu coming out of objectdock via right click, like it is on the mac os 10 dock? I have a windows friend who wishes it would do this.
Yes - but NOT with right click. In objectdock just hold you left mouse button pressed for 2s or Ctr + leftclik for the contextual menu to show up.I think that YZ dock has the same option but with middle button click.
     
smoke-tetsu
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Mexico
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 08:10 PM
 
Are you talking to me? I can't see how you would miss everything in the shot, look again.

Originally posted by ryaxnb:
Theme? Desktop? Icons? Just looks like a dock to me.
     
Dace
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 08:16 PM
 
Originally posted by smoke-tetsu:
Here's mine.
Someone's using my icons...cool


Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services
     
NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 10:39 PM
 
Originally posted by Crni:
I just couldn't resist



Running BBX Mercury objectbar skin, Objectdock and Samurize (Konfabulator for windows).
CD-RW icon is hidden when no media is loaded (and it's different for different media types)

more screenshots
Indeed one of the nicest Windows set-ups I have ever seen, though no Mac.

lol all the Windows users are showing their faces, quite funny how many there are. May I ask why there are so many Windows users here?

kmkkid: Cost really depends on what Mac you buy, and Macs really are known for there quality... Most things of quality do cost more, at first glance at least... I've seen a few articles about how Macs cost a lot less to maintain than PCs for one.
I use cars as an example a lot; Macs are like the really reliable stylish sports cars and PCs are like low cost economy cars.
click one
     
Sage
Mac Elite
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: SoCal
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 10:59 PM
 
Originally posted by Crni:
I just couldn't resist



Running BBX Mercury objectbar skin, Objectdock and Samurize (Konfabulator for windows).
CD-RW icon is hidden when no media is loaded (and it's different for different media types)

more screenshots
Wow, that's amazing! I have to ask though -- How on Earth did you get the Apple Command key to show up in the shortcuts instead of the control key? Also, I'm not too familiar with Windows, so excuse the stupid question, but I thought Windows didn't have the app menu (the bolded Finder), Services, "Quit", etc.
     
kmkkid
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Brantford, ON. Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 11:15 PM
 
Originally posted by NetworkShadow:
kmkkid: Cost really depends on what Mac you buy, and Macs really are known for there quality... Most things of quality do cost more, at first glance at least... I've seen a few articles about how Macs cost a lot less to maintain than PCs for one.
I use cars as an example a lot; Macs are like the really reliable stylish sports cars and PCs are like low cost economy cars.

May I ask why there are so many Windows users here?
Because I wanted to buy a mac, so I browse these forums for the latest news. Only reason I dont own a mac yet - whether long term cost is indeed cheaper or not - I cant afford the startup price, like most other people.

Sorry for the cut and paste job, trying to make it easier to follow my post


Chris
     
Zimphire
Baninated
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Moon
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 11:16 PM
 
I payed $1000 for this 1.25ghz G4 new in box.
     
kmkkid
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Brantford, ON. Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 11:21 PM
 
Originally posted by Zimphire:
I payed $1000 for this 1.25ghz G4 new in box.

Joy Joy, you can get a HighEnd P4 for that.


Chris
     
Dace
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 11:29 PM
 
Originally posted by kmkkid:
Joy Joy, you can get a HighEnd P4 for that.


Chris
Who cares about a 3GHz P4...I'm still happy with my 400MHz G4. Starts up fast and does what I want it to do. Anyways PCs are ok, it's the Windows OS that sucks.


Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services
     
kmkkid
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Brantford, ON. Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 22, 2004, 11:48 PM
 
Originally posted by Dace:
Who cares about a 3GHz P4...

People who want the best possible/newest machine for the cheapest price?

This is all it boils down to people. IF Apple had G5's for $1k of course people would flock to Apple's platform. But that isnt the case.


Chris
     
Dace
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 12:01 AM
 
Most people hardly ever use all the power a 3GHz P4 can give...and since i know what using a Mac feels like, I would refuse to use a Windows system and would gladly pay for an Apple computer. But that's me...I'm not a wannabe, or a Mac Voyeur as they call 'em.


Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services
     
huggeebear
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jul 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 12:24 AM
 
kmkkid, is one of those mac voyeurs, dive in, buy an emac its a great value machine and will do everything you need it to. Superdrive as well !

Crni, could you make mention of the actual programmes you used to get your mac-a-like appearence, I really want to know as some of us mac users and owners have to use xp at work, it would be useful to have a more familiar working environment. I undertand that YZ Dock is discontinued due to an apple cease and desist (it must have been a prettry good) I know where to get it , I googled for it yesterday, but what I'm really interested in are the finder-like prog's that give the apperance of the mac os finder.

list away dude !
     
Dace
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 12:29 AM
 
Originally posted by huggeebear:
kmkkid, is one of those mac voyeurs, dive in, buy an emac its a great value machine and will do everything you need it to. Superdrive as well !

Crni, could you make mention of the actual programmes you used to get your mac-a-like appearence, I really want to know as some of us mac users and owners have to use xp at work, it would be useful to have a more familiar working environment. I undertand that YZ Dock is discontinued due to an apple cease and desist (it must have been a prettry good) I know where to get it , I googled for it yesterday, but what I'm really interested in are the finder-like prog's that give the apperance of the mac os finder.

list away dude !
Stardock Objectbar and Desktop X or Samurize.

http://www.stardock.com

http://www.samurize.com


Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services
     
SilentEchoes
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 01:11 AM
 
Originally posted by kmkkid:
Joy Joy, you can get a HighEnd P4 for that.


Chris
Yeah you can, with no RAM, on board video witch leaves you with no VRAM and shitty optical drive. But hey you get 3.4GHz Yay!

Or you could build your own and spend countless hours tweaking out those extra couple of MHz that most people will never use for anything other than to impress their buddies.
     
kmkkid
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Brantford, ON. Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 01:29 AM
 
Originally posted by huggeebear:
kmkkid, is one of those mac voyeurs
Naw. I will be getting a mac, I have a savings for it, but I'm not getting one till I can afford the best G5 config. I will not go the slow route And currently I'm unemployed and sick. And I dont leave my desktop like my SS. It's usually plain old skinned windows (with a NON-MAC skin)



Chris
     
NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 01:39 AM
 
Originally posted by kmkkid:
Because I wanted to buy a mac, so I browse these forums for the latest news. Only reason I dont own a mac yet - whether long term cost is indeed cheaper or not - I cant afford the startup price, like most other people.
Well I hope to welcome you to the the Mac brotherhood before too long. I'm glad to hear you aren't a mac voyeur.

I know how it is, I'm broke and I saved for a very long time for my latest Mac. I gladly pay the extra for Macs, I wouldn't setle for anything less. Same with the iPod... (just replaced my 1st gen 10gb iPod's battery yesterday after almost 2 years of use)
click one
     
huggeebear
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jul 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 01:55 AM
 
kmkid, I hope you get well and back in the work game, I hope there's some way you can muster up the CDN to get an emac and its not slow. I'm writing this on a 533 PMG4 that I use for FCP, AE, PS, DVD it does everything I need it to do and its half the speed of the emac and less featured, so get that emac, you wont regret it, not everybody needs the latest and greatest, btw games work just fine too
     
smoke-tetsu
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Mexico
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 02:06 AM
 
Mac voyeur... that's a new one, heh

I myself plan on getting a mac sometime. But I'm the type of person who likes to use all kinds of things, I like to play around with all kinds of things so I'll probably keep a PC around to play with and customise.

I also like a challenge when it comes to theming and what's more challenging than to make one system look like another?

I'm not even going to go into this or that sucks because it's all been said, and it's tired and not entirely true either way.

Also, I usually don't post around here... but I do still look because I'm free to, and it's fun for me to see what all kinds of themers are doing.

The type of computer you are using is not part of your identity. So in my opinion theming your system a certain way doesn't make you a "wanna be", or whatever. It just means you like a certain look. And despite what some people might think not everyone can afford to just run out and buy a new computer just because they want a new look. And some people, like me like to simply customize their OS any way they like.

I have used both mac's and PC's, and other systems and there are some things that can be done better on any of them but some people will never see or accept that. But I know that this might just fall on deaf ears.

BTW, I hope I didn't come off in a bad way with all of this. I just wanted to sort of explain my position when it comes to computers. I'm more interested in having good communications with people than arguing which type of computer is better than the other, or things like that.
( Last edited by smoke-tetsu; Apr 23, 2004 at 02:41 AM. )
     
huggeebear
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jul 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 02:17 AM
 
networkshadow, thanls for the pointer to samurize but I couldnt find an app that specifically is a finder.app kind of thing, something that takes care of the menu, applemenu, menubar, menuextras etc..
     
kmkkid
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Brantford, ON. Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 02:32 AM
 
Originally posted by huggeebear:
kmkid, I hope you get well and back in the work game, I hope there's some way you can muster up the CDN to get an emac and its not slow. I'm writing this on a 533 PMG4 that I use for FCP, AE, PS, DVD it does everything I need it to do and its half the speed of the emac and less featured, so get that emac, you wont regret it, not everybody needs the latest and greatest, btw games work just fine too

Yeah, I was going to settle with an iMac, but when you lose a job you cant go out buying a new computer. So when I start working again I'll just keep saving and see what I can get.



Chris
     
Crni
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 02:58 AM
 
Originally posted by huggeebear:
Crni, could you make mention of the actual programmes you used to get your mac-a-like appearence, I really want to know as some of us mac users and owners have to use xp at work, it would be useful to have a more familiar working environment. I undertand that YZ Dock is discontinued due to an apple cease and desist (it must have been a prettry good) I know where to get it , I googled for it yesterday, but what I'm really interested in are the finder-like prog's that give the apperance of the mac os finder.

list away dude !
ObjectDock : http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/
Object Bar : http://www.stardock.com/products/objectbar/
Samurize from http://www.samurize.com/modules/news/

Skins for objectbar and samurize configs get from HOMEPAGE
enjoy
     
Crni
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 03:03 AM
 
Originally posted by Sage:
Wow, that's amazing! I have to ask though -- How on Earth did you get the Apple Command key to show up in the shortcuts instead of the control key? Also, I'm not too familiar with Windows, so excuse the stupid question, but I thought Windows didn't have the app menu (the bolded Finder), Services, "Quit", etc.
tnx
I'm using modifed version of Lucida Grande font with added apple specific symbols.And you are right - windows don't have finder bar - you are looking at Objectbar - finderbar emulation program for windows - replacing actuall windows taskbar.
     
huggeebear
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jul 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 03:14 AM
 
Networkshadow, my apologies, i'm mixing up objectDOCK with objectBAR , duh *slaps head* *mumbles i'm a doofus* *goes and stands in corner*
     
Dace
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 03:30 AM
 
Originally posted by huggeebear:
Networkshadow, my apologies, i'm mixing up objectDOCK with objectBAR , duh *slaps head* *mumbles i'm a doofus* *goes and stands in corner*
I think you are also confusing Networkshadow with me.

Windows uses a shell called Explorer which is sort of like the Windows version of the Finder. If you want to replace Explorer, check out Litestep: http://www.litestep.net/

Also take a look at NextSTART: http://www.winstep.net/


Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services
     
kwyjiboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Space.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 09:45 AM
 
Originally posted by kmkkid:
img
Clickity Click Click.


And no, I dont have my desktop like this all the time. Just for these such occasions.

Chris
Chat Client, huh. So subtle.
     
shockme17
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 23, 2004, 10:23 AM
 
before i got my ibook g4 a few months ago, i was a windows user, and a big fan of these sites:

AquaXP.com
Aqua-Soft.org


these are the two top "aquafying" websites, filled with apps people have made to make windows look more like a mac.. lately it seems as if there hasnt been as much progress as last year. but they are still both going strong. to access some of the homemade apps, you have to become a member to unlock those threads.

but people have done so much as to rewriting windows SP1 service packs, to rework parts of windows, that skinning programs just can't do. a lot of effort has been made in this small community, as well as brewing some new ideas.. come check it out
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,