Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Skinning iTunes 4.5

Skinning iTunes 4.5
benign
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2004, 05:05 AM

Am already missing Daisuke Yamashita fine NEO's itunes theme work.
Anyone know how much of a change the itunes rsrc has undergone ?

Must be Panic at panic software - or at least a mumbled melody.
- For Audion, the final nail in it's jukebox ?

And a swiff kick in the paypal, to shareware developers apps like kavasoft's iTunesCatalog.

Anyone notice how the song selection now moves with the currently playing song -nice.

Simple Empire...

Makki
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2004, 05:45 AM

I am grabbing it now hehe gotta take a look

Makki

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2004, 06:41 AM

seems like a pretty decent update. Party Shuffle and the lossless codec certainly look interesting.

Oh, and it doesn't break SS theming, or remove any elements. The only one it seems to add is the playing song background in Party Shuffle, let's all pray it isn't hard coded .
DigitalRamen sucks.

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 28, 2004, 07:53 AM

Did they make the brushed metal system wide like iPhoto '04 and iMovie '04? I hope so but, I'm not holding my breath... I've held it for too long now

bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
Apr 28, 2004, 08:01 AM

Originally posted by wibs:
Oh, and it doesn't break SS theming, or remove any elements. The only one it seems to add is the playing song background in Party Shuffle, let's all pray it isn't hard coded .
The Party Shuffle stuff is available as resources, ThemePark needs to be updated to support it though. I made a collage of all the new elements that needs to be added:

The interesting ones is that new metal buttons and the huge source icons! They are in fact 128x128 icons, for some reason. Wonder where they are used?

Makki
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2004, 08:07 AM

I'm liking ITunes 4.5.

I am using BBX Mercury X and the skinning of ITunes is extended more then was in previous version now my lcd screen is skinned to BBX color except there is still bug in lcd meter. However i never use the meter thing so no bothr me.

Apple also released Quicktime 6.5.1 btw.

natey
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 08:54 AM

Hmm, I don't see that new metal button anywhere...

MetalSnake
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2004, 11:49 AM

from Izwas site: (Babelfish translation)

It tried fumbling iTunes 4.5.
Following to QuickTime Player of the other day, this time it tried customizing iTunes4.5. Temporarily, it applied Shinobi theme as a base, it tried fumbling just the part which does not correspond to the application skin of theme. By the way, the LCD sectionhas referred the picture here. Fumble it may there is an impression still, but don't you think? as for Hex compilation the eye becomes tired as expected. In addition with such such, this continuation it designates as this time. It is consecutive holiday from < tomorrow, -!

Furthermore, because the schedule which for the present releases this data it is not, please acknowledge beforehand.
whatever that means but the pic looks cool!

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2004, 02:30 PM

I had been seeing pics of iTunes 4.5 since yesterday, wonder where they got the links I just now see it on Apple.com
click one

u2zoo
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2004, 02:40 PM

NS> It was released for download this morning. The iTunes page has been updated for sure, but I don't think the QuickTime page has been updated to reflect that is now version 6.5.1 (which iTunes 4.5 needs for some features). Earlier this week it was leaked that iTunes 4.5 was coming so i think people we sitting on the refresh button in safari.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2004, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by u2zoo:
NS> It was released for download this morning. The iTunes page has been updated for sure, but I don't think the QuickTime page has been updated to reflect that is now version 6.5.1 (which iTunes 4.5 needs for some features). Earlier this week it was leaked that iTunes 4.5 was coming so i think people we sitting on the refresh button in safari.
Yah I feel out of the loop for the first time, I guess that's what I get for not checking Mac news sites yesterday. Yah I'm looking into that QT update now.
click one

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2004, 03:47 PM

ok, so bring me up to speed. is there a working 4.5 skin yet?

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 28, 2004, 03:51 PM

Max's milk theme works beautifully.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2004, 04:19 PM

It seems most existing themes with iTunes skins work about 99% correctly.
click one

Holigen
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2004, 05:51 PM

Ya, Milk's iTunes skin works fine. Thanks Max for that nice picture of what pics have been updated

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

rhythmicmoose
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2004, 06:34 PM

Originally posted by natey:
Hmm, I don't see that new metal button anywhere...
Yeah... If anyone finds that please share...

Holigen
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2004, 07:41 PM

Hey Stuphalina, does the Party Mix source icon work for you in Milk? I dont see it in the iTunes source list...

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

Rickster
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2004, 07:42 PM

The interesting ones is that new metal buttons and the huge source icons! They are in fact 128x128 icons, for some reason. Wonder where they are used?
Looks like the huge source icons are used in some of the new printing styles. Dunno about that metal button, though.
Rick Roe
icons.cx | weblog

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 28, 2004, 07:46 PM

Holigen: yep, works fine. I really have no prob with min, but maybe I don't know the difference.. What is happening with yours?

Holigen
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2004, 07:53 PM

Well, its just blank for me. I mean it just says Party Mix without the stack of CDs next to it. Its very strange...

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 28, 2004, 08:26 PM

Icon there and everything.

allap
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2004, 09:43 PM

The mosaic feature for the jewel case insert feature is soo nice! Makes me wish i had a printer connected to my mac!

allap
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2004, 09:47 PM

hmmm, I guess one of those "feature"s shouldn't have been there.

Acrimonium
Apr 28, 2004, 10:03 PM

Yes, got an icon problem too, the party mix icon use the last I clicked on... Once the playlist, once the library, once the shared list but never the CD stack...

Sage
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2004, 11:41 PM

I don't get the CD stack either... not that it matters anyway, since I don't think I'll ever use the Party Mix.

Speaking of that, I have to say that the "DJ Head" is so... so... 10.1-style Aqua (all blurry and overly-shadowed). Yucky.

Holigen
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2004, 12:04 AM

Check my comment on MacThemes about the Party Mix issue. I for one kinda like it. Its pretty cool if youre like me and like to shuffle songs up. Its basically an enhanced shuffle. I agree that the selection thingy is all messed up. Totally doesnt belong in a metal app, much less an Aqua one. Maybe we can get a themer to change it in accordance to a theme (MILK)...

Jaey
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2004, 01:05 AM

I don't think I'll ever use Party Mix because it doesn't work.

Holigen
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2004, 01:11 AM

How does it not work?

Jaey
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2004, 01:13 AM

When I click on it, it shows a bunch of empty columns.
If I change the Source menu to anything, it says that there aren't playable songs in thta playlist.

Holigen
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2004, 01:37 AM

Odd... it seems to work for me. Maybe a post about this over at the Software forums will help (unless you havent already done it)

Dace
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2004, 02:46 AM

Party Mix?? I only see Party Shuffle . I do see the CDs stack though And the "Party Shuffle" selection isn't blurry...maybe because I'm using Aqua Extreme It does look odd..but it attracts attention and that's what it's suppose to do. Not sure what "Party Shuffle" is for...maybe because I don'tt use Playlists, I just play my whole Library and skip whichever song I don't feel like listening to

Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services

Jaey
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2004, 10:05 AM

Yeah, I mean Party Shuffle when I say Party Mix

Holigen
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2004, 10:05 AM

Its basically an advanced shuffle. He meant Party Shuffle btw

nycdunz
Senior User
Jun 10, 2004, 06:30 AM

i am using max's milk theme now under 10.3, my itunes still looks the same default brushed metal, is this a seperate download that i don't know about?

does anyone know how to change the LCD part in itunes? i want mines to be an indiglo blue color... like in NEOS... anyone know how to do this for itunes 4.6?

Forum Links
Forum Rules