Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] SmoothStripes/Aqua Extreme/iFix updated

[ANN] SmoothStripes/Aqua Extreme/iFix updated
Thread Tools
bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2004, 09:07 AM
 
Just some minor fixes, more info on my homepage! Click the signature.

Btw, I'm still going to make NickelCobalt, but Paul is still tied up with work..
     
mac15
Senior User
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2004, 09:14 AM
 
Awesome stuff Max! Updated one of my fav themes, Aqua Extreme is still awesome
     
Holigen
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: In Your Computer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2004, 03:40 PM
 
Cool, SmoothStripes is still an awesome theme. Bummer about NC though...

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.
     
zoe77
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2000
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 2, 2004, 08:21 AM
 
hi Max... SmoothStripes has always been my fav theme... i'm enjoying your latest update to Milk rite now... question, why are all the windows metal in the SStripes 4.1.1?
     
bOOzo  (op)
Addicted to Themes
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 2, 2004, 09:27 AM
 
Originally posted by zoe77:
[]why are all the windows metal in the SStripes 4.1.1?
Could you elaborate? I changed the previews if that's what you mean, it was confusing to people since the theme itself does not change the finder to Aqua.
     
zoe77
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2000
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 2, 2004, 10:17 AM
 
Originally posted by bOOzo:
Could you elaborate? I changed the previews if that's what you mean, it was confusing to people since the theme itself does not change the finder to Aqua.
oops sorry i wasn't being clear... so 4.1.1 doesn't change Finder windows to Aqua? yup I had thought it would do so like 4.1 ... all the ShapeShifter previews in the new updated theme seems to show brush metal windows unlike v4.1
     
bOOzo  (op)
Addicted to Themes
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 2, 2004, 10:36 AM
 
Originally posted by zoe77:
oops sorry i wasn't being clear... so 4.1.1 doesn't change Finder windows to Aqua? yup I had thought it would do so like 4.1 ... all the ShapeShifter previews in the new updated theme seems to show brush metal windows unlike v4.1
Yep, that's right. I just update the preview to reflect the result better.
If you want to make the finder auqa, read this:
http://www.unsanity.org/archives/000267.php
     
rhythmicmoose
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 2, 2004, 11:56 AM
 
Great to see you're still updating this, Max. Aqua is still among the best themes available for OS X, and your input just makes it better.

Anyway, is there any chance that we could get a guikit that combines SmoothStripes and iFix? I can understand supporting old-school themeing with dlta releases, but this would work better for those of us who want a fixed Aqua without having to mess with system resources and installers (maybe a small market, but for some reason I woke up this morning and wanted to go back to Aqua for a while).

Just a thought, since appskins could now handle the job of iFix.

I also vote for the next SmoothStripes to update the godawful metal window texture to whatever your enlightened reinterpretation might be.

Keep up the awesome work. I can't wait to see NickelCobalt. Which of your themes is going to get the appskin treatment next, Brushed, EYLO, or OSXP?
     
bOOzo  (op)
Addicted to Themes
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 2, 2004, 04:24 PM
 
Originally posted by rhythmicmoose:
Great to see you're still updating this, Max. Aqua is still among the best themes available for OS X, and your input just makes it better.

Anyway, is there any chance that we could get a guikit that combines SmoothStripes and iFix? I can understand supporting old-school themeing with dlta releases, but this would work better for those of us who want a fixed Aqua without having to mess with system resources and installers (maybe a small market, but for some reason I woke up this morning and wanted to go back to Aqua for a while).

Just a thought, since appskins could now handle the job of iFix.

I also vote for the next SmoothStripes to update the godawful metal window texture to whatever your enlightened reinterpretation might be.

Keep up the awesome work. I can't wait to see NickelCobalt. Which of your themes is going to get the appskin treatment next, Brushed, EYLO, or OSXP?
I thought about making a guiKit, but I quickly realized that it would take a lot of effort and time to get it right with all the variations, and then end file would probably end up being pretty large anyway... I'll wait until there is amore sophisticated way of making variation in ThemePark. I agree it would be nice with the iFixes included.

I haven't thought about updating the metal texture, not sure if I could make it any better.

I will possibly make appskins for EYLO sometime, Brushed and Mac OS XP I'm thinking about giving away to some themer who feels like they could improve them.

I'm very eager to work on NC, but I need Paul to make me more buttons first..
     
rhythmicmoose
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 2, 2004, 05:09 PM
 
Originally posted by bOOzo:
I haven't thought about updating the metal texture, not sure if I could make it any better.
I was thinking something like the grainy aluminum that my PowerBook is made out of. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I think it would fit in better with SmoothStripes.
     
Dace
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 2, 2004, 05:31 PM
 
Originally posted by bOOzo:
Just some minor fixes, more info on my homepage! Click the signature.

Btw, I'm still going to make NickelCobalt, but Paul is still tied up with work..
So much for the part in the contest that stipulates he should work two months with the themer to realise the theme. He should be disqualified.


Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services
     
   
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,