Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > eMac in it's "natural habitat"

eMac in it's "natural habitat"
mclime
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2002, 09:33 AM

Can anyone take some photos of the eMac in it's natural habitat? On a desk that is. I tihnk that the pics of it at Apples site are very stylish and so one, but I don't get it in a perspective.

So, if you have the eMac , and a digital cam, can you take some photos of it and it's keyboard and mouse?

//David Bomark

DewGuy1999
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2002, 11:59 PM

Originally posted by mclime:
Can anyone take some photos of the eMac in it's natural habitat? On a desk that is. I tihnk that the pics of it at Apples site are very stylish and so one, but I don't get it in a perspective.

So, if you have the eMac , and a digital cam, can you take some photos of it and it's keyboard and mouse?

//David Bomark
David, you can find some pictures of the eMac in use on this site:

eMac

It's a Japanese site so, the link is routed through Alta Vista's translator.
( Last edited by DewGuy1999; Dec 1, 2002 at 01:04 AM. )

Ricky
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 1, 2002, 12:55 AM

A lot of times when I want to see Macs in their "natural habitat" I check for pictures that people take on eBay or Google image search. Here are some auctions with good pics I saw on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2076455974

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2076690663

Cheers,
Ricky

gwehr
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 1, 2002, 04:40 PM

That clear stand you see under the eMac in those pictures is absolutely essential. It's called the "eMac Tilt and Swivel Stand", and that describes exactly what it does. You just connect it to the bottom of the computer with a few Allen screws, and voila, you can adjust the computer up and down, left and right. I don't know how I ever used my eMac without it.

babble
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2002, 12:49 PM

Nevermind...

Commodus
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2002, 01:50 PM

I agree on the eMac stand... I've seen eMacs in person with and without the stand, and not only is it practical, it seems to change the character of the eMac a bit. It somehow seems friendlier when the stand is in place, whereas before it just seems like this big block in front of you.

Kleekoh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 4, 2002, 02:22 AM

Me eMac

My eMac is no longer on this desk, but you can see how it is with the stand on a desk. I have actually never seen an eMac without the stand on, as when I got mine the first thing I did was attach the stand. But I know I wouldn't want to use it without the stand, as I am always adjusting it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules