Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Browsers Acting Funny

Browsers Acting Funny
AmericanPsych0
Mar 6, 2005, 04:31 PM

I noticed Safari was a little sluggish the other day, and found that it was sucking up something like 90MB RAM. And I was just browsing casually. So I started using Firefox, and found it to be doing the same thing-- that is, taking up a lot of RAM. It seems all the browsers I've tried--Safari, Firefox, Camino, OmniWeb--are using unGodly amounts of RAM after very short periods of browsing. This is a recent thing. I haven't installed any OS updates before this started happening or anything like that.

To give further information concerning Safari (since that's what I use most), RAM usage goes up by about 3MB every tab I open, and doesn't go away when I close the tab. It's really annoying.

I cleaned the browser cache, bookmark icons, etc. but that didn't help.

What's wrong?

12" PowerBook Rev. C / OS X 10.3.8
When Vin Diesel pops a can of Pringles, the fun stops after about fifteen minutes.

Forum Links
Forum Rules