Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Panther>APE>USB Printing does not work!!!

Panther>APE>USB Printing does not work!!!
cartoonspin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2003, 03:02 PM

I have upgraded my iBook to 10.3 and then upgraded to 10.3.1. Meanwhile, the AP client software and AP firmware was upgraded to 5.2. That is when the nightmare happened. You can print to my HP printer if you are lucky or the printer just stops responding. Actually the printer is still there, but the OS stops responding to it.

After more investigation and reinstalling only 10.3 I investigated the Apple boards in the Apple Support section and discovered that the latest drivers are causing problems for numerous people who use USB printing through their Airport. The only fix is to downgrade the firmware in order to use the upgraded OS.

This has been the ugliest upgrade I have ever encoutered with an Apple OS. I am really surprised since, at least for me, the past ones were easy and painless.

Basically they are pushing beta software that is not even tested with their latest OS release. A department colaboration would really help Apple in this case.

I am waiting for an upgrade to the AP software so I can used the latest features. Also, after downgrading the firmware, there has been a reduction in drops in service from 10 a day to none after two days. Geeeessh!

Forum Links
Forum Rules