Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Who are those "baninated" posters?

Who are those "baninated" posters?
Veltliner
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2007, 12:41 AM

Flying Dutchman style flying ex-moderators who cannot be deleted, and roam the forum with opinions always different to the mainstream?

Moderators in diguise heating up discussions?

Zorro, posting under several pseudonyms?

Forum underground personnel?

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2007, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Veltliner View Post
Most of the time it's this one. And one guy in particular...

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2007, 12:54 AM

Ya, it's sort of like Zorro. But like a Zorro who has a Neon and is in his 8th year of undergrad.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Aug 10, 2007, 12:57 AM

No posting about other macnn members, even the banninated ones.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2007, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Randman View Post
No posting about other macnn members, even the banninated ones.
No names have been mentioned.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2007, 01:40 AM

I always wondered if Moderators liked to play around and play jokes on each other . . . Maybe not.

These moderators are pretty straight, and I haven't noticed any joking around or messing around with each other.

I guess it's an unwritten moderator rule.

Rumor
Aug 10, 2007, 01:54 AM

The are an elite group of Mac users that hail from the future.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Salty
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2007, 02:00 AM

I dono if elite is the best word... overly bored perhaps...

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2007, 02:59 AM

Mostly Rob.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 10, 2007, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
Ya, it's sort of like Zorro. But like a Zorro who has a Neon and is in his 8th year of undergrad.

design219
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2007, 07:55 AM

You can get banned, and then re-join in a couple minutes under another name. And that's why you see so many of them lately.

It's kind of funny ...and pathetic.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 10, 2007, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by design219 View Post
You can get banned, and then re-join in a couple minutes under another name. And that's why you see so many of them lately.

Absolutely true, unfortunately. You know, if more of our users were at least slightly mature, we would all have a lot more fun on these forums. Sigh...

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
The are an elite group of Mac users that hail from the future.
I hail from Flat Rock. Really. But now I'm in the Alamo City. Never tried to hail here, even a cab.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 10, 2007, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by design219 View Post
More of the latter I think.
Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Absolutely true, unfortunately. You know, if more of our users were at least slightly mature, we would all have a lot more fun on these forums. Sigh...

Not that I am the most MATURE person on here. But some people on here ....

ReardenMetal
Baninated
Aug 10, 2007, 03:30 PM

They are mostly me, and I mostlly get banned for BS reasons. >shrug< Since I don't agree with their decisions, I do not respect the ban, and come back whenever I want.

Faust
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 10, 2007, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by ReardenMetal View Post
They are mostly me, and I mostlly get banned for BS reasons. >shrug< Since I don't agree with their decisions, I do not respect the ban, and come back whenever I want.
Oh them young rebels, fighting for justice all the time. Tsk tsk.

ReardenMetal
Baninated
Aug 10, 2007, 03:51 PM

Well, for instance, Lateralus banned me for bitching about the videocards in the new iMacs. I wasn't breaking any rules of the forum, I was just responding to people's posts, letting them know when they were correct, and when their assumptions were incorrect. Then I got bannd, because Lateralus disagrees with my opinion. I was not calling names, attacking people, swearing up a storm, or anything remotely banworthy, but since he disagreed with me, he gave me a 2 week ban, which was total BS. I do not respect his abuse of powers, so I came back. I'll continue to do so, whenever.

Rumor
Aug 10, 2007, 03:54 PM

Well, for instance, Lateralus banned me for bitching about the videocards in the new iMacs. I wasn't breaking any rules of the forum, I was just responding to people's posts, letting them know when they were correct, and when their assumptions were incorrect. Then I got bannd, because Lateralus disagrees with my opinion. I was not calling names, attacking people, swearing up a storm, or anything remotely banworthy, but since he disagreed with me, he gave me a 2 week ban, which was total BS. I do not respect his abuse of powers, so I came back. I'll continue to do so, whenever.
No, you spazzed out and were given two warnings to calm down. It was only a temp ban for you to chill out, but like usual, it was "unfair" and you decided to skirt it. Again.

ReardenMetal
Baninated
Aug 10, 2007, 04:01 PM

No, I didnt' spazz out. I was pissed, and I was explaining why. LateralASS gave me 'warnings to stop' (for no reason, other people are allowed to complain) but I never saw them, because I was too busy responding to previous posts. And yes, it was a temp ban. A TWO WEEK ban, for complaining about iMac GPUs, without breaking any rules whatsoever.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2007, 04:17 PM

You see, Rob comes back here because he helps pay for the server lease, the bandwidth, and all administration, so he is personally entitled to post here whenever he wants.

ReardenMetal
Baninated
Aug 10, 2007, 04:21 PM

I would actually donate money to become unbannable. It'd save me some time.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2007, 04:24 PM

If you were kicked out of a restaurant, office building, or out of any establishment for reasons that you didn't agree with, would you just barge back in as desired?

ReardenMetal
Baninated
Aug 10, 2007, 04:25 PM

Depends if I felt justified in my actions.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Aug 10, 2007, 04:26 PM

Flying Dutchman style flying ex-moderators who cannot be deleted, and roam the forum with opinions always different to the mainstream?

Moderators in diguise heating up discussions?

Forum underground personnel?
Rob. And me. But not baninated.

design219
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2007, 04:30 PM

LateralASS
It's this kind of thing. And he doesn't even seem to understand it.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2007, 04:34 PM

Depends if I felt justified in my actions.
And it would depend upon whether there were cops around.

This place is not a public forum. There are costs involved to running this place: vBulletin license, server, bandwidth, etc. This is a private establishment.

Furthermore, in real life, why would you barge back into a restaurant or other establishment? This would upset the other guests, possibly put you at risk, would cause a whole lot of grief, and at the end of the day accomplish nothing. For what? There is another restaurant right across the street that would be happy to have you. Why not just move on and go elsewhere?

ajprice
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2007, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by ReardenMetal
...banned me for bitching about the videocards in the new iMacs...
...I was just responding to people's posts, letting them know when they were correct, and when their assumptions were incorrect...
...my opinion...
There's a difference between voicing an opinion, and telling people they are right or wrong and bitching about things because people differ from your opinion.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

ReardenMetal
Baninated
Aug 10, 2007, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by ajprice View Post
There's a difference between voicing an opinion, and telling people they are right or wrong and bitching about things because people differ from your opinion.
You are correct. What I was doing was voicing my opinion, and backing it up with LINKS to data that proves I am correct, and other posters were not. The new videocard IS slower than the old one. That's crappy.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2007, 04:49 PM

You are correct. What I was doing was voicing my opinion, and backing it up with LINKS to data that proves I am correct, and other posters were not. The new videocard IS slower than the old one. That's crappy.

You cannot combat irrationality and religious beliefs (including religious Mac beliefs) with logic no matter how hard you try, as long as somebody is committed to their beliefs. This is an important lesson in life.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2007, 06:24 PM

<pulls up a chair, with beer and popcorn; this is going to go on a while>
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Rumor
Aug 10, 2007, 06:25 PM

Nah, it'll be a bit before he comes back.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2007, 07:47 PM

Would now be a good time to peddle my stool samples, or would that be a bad idea?

Rumor
Aug 10, 2007, 07:55 PM

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 10, 2007, 10:03 PM

I am more disturbed by this product than I thought I could be. <shiver!>

Andy8
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2007, 10:20 PM

I am more disturbed by this product than I thought I could be. <shiver!>
Exactly.

Veltliner  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2007, 12:39 AM

Interesting.

I'm just wondering: why start out with five padlocks?

It gives the impression of accomplishment.

Why not start out with one padlock and the title "fresh faced prisoner", and then insult one's way up to five padlocks, or "Addicted to insults"?

wolfen
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2007, 12:56 AM

lol
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

Rumor
Aug 11, 2007, 01:11 AM

It seems that there is only one person who has proven that they are truly addicted to MacNN.

MaxPower
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 11, 2007, 01:19 AM

The banninated who shall not be named (TBWSNBN) is one mentally imbalanced dude. You know how comedians like Jim Carrey and Robin Williams have two sides? One side the normal, down-to-earth joe. The other, a manic, mile-a-minute ball of zany energy?

Well, TBWSNBN's manic side is a mile-a-minute ball of asshole. Seriously. Years of being banned and coming back. Years.

Even if you agree with what he says, just wait a while. He will continue to hammer his black-and-white views on nay-sayers in such a way that you wish you didn't agree with him. He is that abrasive. But hey, he's got Macnn on lockdown. There's no way to stop him. He will always show them by making new user names! That'll show 'em! They'll come around to his side eventually!

This pretty much sums up my feelings for him:

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 11, 2007, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
The banninated who shall not be named (TBWSNBN) is one mentally imbalanced dude. You know how comedians like Jim Carrey and Robin Williams have two sides? One side the normal, down-to-earth joe. The other, a manic, mile-a-minute ball of zany energy?

Well, TBWSNBN's manic side is a mile-a-minute ball of asshole. Seriously. Years of being banned and coming back. Years.

Even if you agree with what he says, just wait a while. He will continue to hammer his black-and-white views on nay-sayers in such a way that you wish you didn't agree with him. He is that abrasive. But hey, he's got Macnn on lockdown. There's no way to stop him. He will always show them by making new user names! That'll show 'em! They'll come around to his side eventually!

This pretty much sums up my feelings for him:
Ummm..... Not only do we have an informal rule against posts about specific members, but your statements are, shall we say "reflective" of what you say you dislike.

The particular member you chide in your post has contributed a significant amount of content-and only a small portion of it has been unpleasant. Sure, some people fly off the handle here, but for the most part that's considered being "passionate" about an issue. Confusing another's passion with the assumption that there's something wrong with that person is hardly a mature stance.

In other words, lighten up about specific members.

This is the kind of "I wish we had more mature behavior" issue I mentioned above.

jersey
Senior User
Aug 11, 2007, 09:10 AM

This unmentioned, reappearing and banned yet again, member is one of the reasons I, and a lot of others, stopped coming around. Back in the day, ('03) this place was a blast. But you could always count on him to come into any popular thread and bitch, cry, moan, and let you all know you were worthless, stupid, and not half as smart as he.

It got old. And despite their attempts, the mods couldn't (and still cant) keep him away.

It's sad to see what was a good community destroyed because of one inconsiderate ass

Faust
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 11, 2007, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by jersey View Post
But you could always count on him to come into any popular thread and bitch, cry, moan, and let you all know you were worthless, stupid, and not half as smart as he.

Hmmm ... that is a shame though, isn't it? The truly smart or brilliant minds I've come to know (generally) are almost exclusively not the ones to "hang it out". That might be mainly due to the fact that most smart people believe they are anything but smart.
Anyone pretending to be smart by pointing out other people's stupidity is - more often than not - quite the opposite (or so I have come to experience anyway), so I personally would not let that get in the way of anything, especially not if I enjoy the company of others. I don't mean Rob (I am new here and do not know him except for the huge drama I get to read here almost on a daily basis) so I have no clue if he is smart or not. I am sure he is smart. Either way, I couldn't care less as I quite like this community.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 11, 2007, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Faust View Post
Oh them young rebels, fighting for justice all the time. Tsk tsk.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 11, 2007, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
You cannot combat irrationality and religious beliefs (including religious Mac beliefs) with logic no matter how hard you try, as long as somebody is committed to their beliefs. This is an important lesson in life.
And by making posts like this, you are acting just like him.
Interesting.

I'm just wondering: why start out with five padlocks?

It gives the impression of accomplishment.

Why not start out with one padlock and the title "fresh faced prisoner", and then insult one's way up to five padlocks, or "Addicted to insults"?
AAHAAHHAHAHA That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long while in here. This thread alone was worth this post.

Faust
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 11, 2007, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
And by making posts like this, you are acting just like him.

But it is a point, isn't it? Beliefs and logic generally don't mesh all that well together, do they? That does not mean that a person who is religious cannot be capable of logic and vice versa. But they are in essence paradoxons. By that I do not mean to imply that one is better or worse than the other. I am certain there are good reasons to believe in a religious movement. I don't really know what these reasons are but I respect if others do as long as it doesn't take on to extremes.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 11, 2007, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Faust View Post
But it is a point, isn't it? Beliefs and logic generally don't mesh all that well together, do they?
Beliefs and logic don't mesh well? Usually logic is based on beliefs. And vice versa.
That does not mean that a person who is religious cannot be capable of logic and vice versa.
I would agree with this. Others in here probably would not.
But they are in essence paradoxons. By that I do not mean to imply that one is better or worse than the other. I am certain there are good reasons to believe in a religious movement. I don't really know what these reasons are but I respect if others do as long as it doesn't take on to extremes.
As long as no one is hurting anyone else, there is no problem here.

I am all against the religious "Preachers" that condem people for not being religious, just as I am those that are not religious that "Preaches" and belittles those that are.

These two "different" people are actually the same type of person.

Those that would constantly make pro-religious comments out of the blue to those that aren't are doing so usually because they are insecure about their beliefs.

Same goes for those that constantly belittle believers.

"You know the man you hate? You look more like him everyday"

We usually hate in others, what we dislike in ourselves.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Aug 11, 2007, 12:12 PM

You know, if more of our users were at least slightly mature, we would all have a lot more fun on these forums. Sigh...
Right, so MacNN mods putting close ups of chicks tits in bikini's in their sigs is creating the mature example for everyone else then right?

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 11, 2007, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
Right, so MacNN mods putting close ups of chicks tits in bikini's in their sigs is creating the mature example for everyone else then right?
Actually someone that would be offended by such a thing, or make a big deal about such a thing would be the one that had maturity issues.

I mean they are just sigs. 1s and 0s. As long as they didn't break the rules, (and they didn't) why should it matter?

I noticed you played the "sig game" as well. You sure showed them!

MaxPower
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 11, 2007, 04:42 PM

Confusing another's passion with the assumption that there's something wrong with that person is hardly a mature stance.
Ha ha. I like how you describe years of repeated bannings and bullying as being 'passionate'. Fair enough. You are, after all, the admin.

The particular member you chide in your post has contributed a significant amount of content-and only a small portion of it has been unpleasant.
This is it right here people. Content. We are in the business of producing content for this forum. It's not a community, its a business! Just like reality TV, they need the mentally unstable person to stick around to cause drama! After all, we've all been guilty of feeding the Ca$h troll. (including me)

You win! Keep Ca$h.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Aug 11, 2007, 05:05 PM

That's the perfect solution: spend some money, get your OWN forums, where you can be completely free to act any damn way you please because you get to make your own rules.

What I don't get is why you constantly come back here. What's it to you?

And why, since you choose to constantly visit somebody else's party, you always end up acting the gatecrasher and getting thrown out.

C.A.T.S. CEO
Professional Poster
Aug 11, 2007, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
It seems that there is only one person who has proven that they are truly addicted to MacNN.
Quoted for truth.
Signature depreciated.

Forum Links
Forum Rules