Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone 4 warranty

iPhone 4 warranty
AccessoryGeeks
Banned
May 24, 2011, 07:04 PM

Does anyone know how Apple iPhone 4's warranty works?

My friends iPhone 4 just stopped working and the screen just went blank. He's had the phone for about 8 months now and he is outraged because he says that he had never dropped or damaged the phone once.

Thanks in advance guys.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
May 24, 2011, 07:12 PM

Same as any other warranty.

Walk into authorized dealer/Apple Store, say iPhone is broken. Get it fixed/replaced.

If it turns out it's BEEN broken (transitive form), you pay for replacement/repair.

However, before you do that, press and hold the home and sleep buttons simultaneously for about fifteen seconds (i.e. for an extremely long time). That will often fix the "iPhone screen is blank" problem.

AccessoryGeeks  (op)
Banned
May 31, 2011, 12:54 PM

I think my friend will have to pay for the repairs, but I've drained the battery and the screen had eventually turned off.

Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules