Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > application access in standard account

application access in standard account
ashishn
Forum Regular
May 25, 2007, 11:42 AM

Hi,

I have three accounts on my Mac. One with admin access and two standard ones. One standard user is the primary user which I use. i install applications while login to this account.

I have created another standard account for my kids and gave them access to only few of the applications. I am facing difficulty running Tux Paint from this kid account. it has not enough permission. I have enabled a checkbox that grants access to support apps (dont remember exactly as I am typing from office Windows machine )

What other application needs to be given access of to run Tux Paint? Terminal is running fine.

Any help?

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
May 25, 2007, 12:30 PM

You may find it easier just to install Tux paint on that account. You probably have installed it on another user account.

ashishn  (op)
Forum Regular
May 25, 2007, 03:04 PM

I know thats possible but why isnt it working whereas other applications are working?

I will use that as last option. Want all applications to be in main Applications folder.

rehoot
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2007, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by ashishn View Post
I know thats possible but why isnt it working whereas other applications are working?

I will use that as last option. Want all applications to be in main Applications folder.
Perhaps the application is trying to write to a preferences file that is in another user's folder or perhaps it is trying to write to temporary files in another user's folder. You could check all the options to see where it reads and writes things, but I would just install it from your kid's user ID. If there is an install package, it might prompt you for an admin user ID to finish the install.

ashishn  (op)
Forum Regular
May 26, 2007, 04:29 AM

thanks. finally installed in my kid's account.

Didnt know what and where it writes. it works now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules